Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Just Ordinary Post-Race Drama [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

A temporary resolution? No way!

Ben appeared at the scene. He had docked elsewhere, but had rushed over when he realized where his daughter had docked. "Alice!" he shouted. "Get off that boat! Half t' Diamond Pony's on there!" He gave Lory a dark look.

No one had ever fought back until Lory.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately for him, Zechariah had finally managed to get off the boat and was slogging slowly through wet, too-nice shoes.

“You grabbed her to strike her while she was pregnant, you monster!” he yelled in his booming, carrying courthouse voice.

God. He regretted it as soon as it was out of his mouth and it showed on his face. Let the Wards and all their rot eat each other alive.
The Diamond Pony

159 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"

Which did she feel more? Fear, or rage?

She looked to Alice, then back to Ben … then tipped her chin back in haughty defiance.

“If Crane gets involved, it will look terrible for them both,” she whispered to Alice.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine was about to make a joke about the pony must be small to fit on her boat, but she was more angry. She looked to the two beside, her as it seemed maybe Alice wanted to be left alone. She left her to the other woman she didn't really know and clenched her fists looking to the one who'd been loudest.

"I'll ask you to hold that lying tongue of yours. I have a child on board that I have been giving a proper education and teaching etiquette. We came here to have a fun day on the water, and I let whoever know how to sail be allowed on board. I didn't ask their back ground because what their job is has nothing to do with what went on on MY boat. I can guarantee you there was nothing sinful or wicked happening, and yet you are bringing in things that do not matter. We just wanted a fun day sailing in the race and you have to be a hateful and violent person who can't let people enjoy an innocent hobby!"

She'd gestured to the guy who'd yelled that he'd grabbed her when pregnant.

"I do not know what they all do but I can guarantee you most of them do not work in such a place, and even if they did it had nothing to do with today's activities. I think it is good to do a new activity to help build confidence and enjoy a little sun and air. If you've nothing nice to say, you can both turn and go because I will go back on that boat and turn around before letting them off around people such as yourself!" She said sharply and glared at Tobias then Ben, just daring them to try anything with her.

744 Posts
16 Threads

A boat full of whores!? Now that was another matter. Did Alice mean to humiliate him further. He was having none of this!

Tobias snapped his head in Zech's direction when the accusation was made. Him!? Like this situation wasn't bad enough without that bastard. "I would never strike 'er! And you need to stay away from me wife!"

He turned back to the boat. He didn't believe a thing the lady said. He wasn't going to let Alice interact with prostitutes. He stepped forward. "Alice, get off that boat. Now. You've had yer fun, made yer point," whatever it was, "time to go."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice looked on and listened with horror as her father and then Mr. Meijer joined.

Oh God. Oh no.

Mr. Meijer's accusation made her shrink further. God, she wished everyone would just go away and leave her alone. She wished Miss Pennyfeather would stop ranting. She wished that if she did get off the boat and her husband was so angry he did strike her, there wasn't anyone to watch. She wished that if he merely shouted, or forced her to leave with him, there wasn't anyone to watch. It was easier to feel like an object or stupid animal if there was no one there to be scandalized at it.

The longer she waited, the worse it seemed to get. Jenny and the wetnurse carrying Emma appeared at the docks, looking on as well. There was other way. She'd have to go sooner or later, and at this rate, it was better if that was sooner. She pulled away from Lory and stepped forward towards the exit Miss Pennyfeather was blocking. "I didn't mean to cause all this trouble, Miss. Please, let me go and ye can be at peace."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

For a second, Ben considered the horrible accusation. Alice did look frightened. If Tobias had struck her, he'd... But then he turned round to see the source, and he balled his fists. When Tobias told him to stay away from his wife, he clenched them tighter. What had been his business with Alice?! That son of a bitch. He'd speak with Alice about Tobias later, but for now all his attention was directed at not launching at the bastard who had already used and ruined one of his children.
The Diamond Pony

159 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"

Lory chewed her lip, her sister’s fear quietly seeping into her as well even as Lory put on an angry face.

“She is a highly charitable Good Samaritan!” Lory scolded.

She knew jackall about Pennyfeather, but it sounded good, reputable, and Lory popped all her consonants like the uppity ladies did for extra credibility.

At Alice’s distance, she might be able to see the tears shining in Lory’s eyes.

“He hits you, sister?” she asked, raising her voice a bit like the previously screaming fop but in a daintier way.

Her hands brushed over Alice’s arms in silent pleading to stay, but she let them fall to her lap afterward.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'6"

Zechariah was going to let it go. Get on with his life-- BUT THIS MAN WAS WRONG! And a monster! But more importantly, wrong!

“Then why did she-” he imitated the way Alice had guarded her face from him when he had grabbed her “-raise her arms!? Why did she flinch, Mr. Appleton!” he yelled rhetorically.
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Height: 5'3"

Mehmet stepped off the boat, beaming. They won! They’d done great! No one drowned! He wasn’t even coughing up phlegm right now!

Then his head lifted, smile dropping into a confused frown.

“Hey,” he said in a friendly, albeit slightly tense voice. “You all did great, too!”

This was a racing thing, right?