Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] It Takes Two.. to Herd Goats [Market, Shops and Spas]

190 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'2"

Maddie had some time to go to market. She only had a few coins in pocket but it was enough to get something for herself, if she was so inclined. She liked looking at a few pretty little trinkets but one of the other girls could take it when she wasn't looking. Besides, it bothered her what that rat in human form had said. She was about to get in a bad mood when she felt something tug at her coat. She turned about to slap someone when she saw no one there. The tug returned and she looked down and her eyes widened. It was a .. a goat?

"Wha's goin on?" She looked around to see if someone was watching this goat. It tried to bite at her coat and she tugged back. "'Ey!! Let go!" The goat was tough and wouldn't let go. She nearly fell back when it finally let go. The woman managed not to fall to the ground and brushed herself off. She clenched her fists and stared at the goat. "You get away from 'ere before I take ya to the butcher!"
Mabel Sutton
If Mabel had known that leaving a little gate open would mean one of her Grandfathers beloved goats would go for a walk, then she might have rethought it... although, then again, she probably would not close it and encourage the other one to go as well and would certainly would not have volunteered to go and find the creature. Yet here she was, search high and low in the town for it.

After what felt like forever she had made her way to the market, and decided to stop and have a look at the things in the stands. The goat would turn up sooner or later....

The sooner it seemed as she heard yelling from the next stand over. So there was the bloody thing... eating some poor women’s clothes. Mabel herself had already lost a jacket to the beasts. She walked over rather swiftly and couldn’t help the laugh. “It will not listen” she said to the lady, her French accent still rather strong.

190 Posts
5 Threads

Maddie looked at the woman, the french accent already had her uncertain of her. She lowered her brow and gestured to the goat. It came for another nibble and she hopped away. "Is this yers?" She waved her hand at the goat and walked towards the woman to keep her between Maddie and the goat.

Billie looked up at Mabel. Whether it recognized her or not, it gave a mild baa and sniffed at her to see if she had some treat. Her current outfit didn't smell tasty like the stuff around them. It turned to wander towards a stall with fresh vegetables about to take a carrot. "Ah!" Maddie grabbed it by the horns to pull it back. "Don' do that!" She was certain she'd get blamed somehow. People were always quick to blame the poor woman, it seemed.
Mabel Sutton
Millie? Willie? Bobbie? Mabel honestly couldn't remember for the life of her, not that she truly cared either. The beast really shouldn't have eaten her coat. "No" she said without hesitation before realising that probably wasn't as true as she wished it to be. "It's my Grandfathers."

She couldn't help the amused smile as the women grabbed hold of Freddie's horns. Mabel moved between the beast and the stall, pulling the rope of her shoulders to tie around its neck.

190 Posts
5 Threads

"Ah.. and.. if I may ask.. why i'n't he 'ere ta take care o' this beast?" Maddie helped push the goat, using all of her meager strength to push it back towards the woman. She panted when the woman finally tied it up and seemed in control. "That is a lot of work.. 'ow can you 'andle that.. beast." She laughed weakly trying to maintain some composure.

"These things.. they're stubb'rn. Gotta make 'em want ta follow." She gave a coin to a woman in a stall and waved a carrot in the goat's face. "Ya 'ungry? Want a carrot? I got it righ 'ere.. " She smiled seeing the goat sniff at it and try to eat it as she lead it closer to the woman and pushed the vegetable into her hand. "Keep an eye on yer goat."
Mabel Sutton
“Because he’s busy” she lied easily but took the carrot without hesitation, keeping it out of the beasts reach. “I am sorry about your coat.”

190 Posts
5 Threads

The woman waved her off. "Oh i's noth'n. I tak'n care o' far worse than this. Not like it's nice or noth'n. You gonna be okay tak'n care 'o... tha?" She nodded to the goat then to the woman. She took a deep breath.