Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[CW] Second thoughts? Not this time.

339 Posts
19 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'11"

"Only for an hour, and then I must go. But that doesn't mean I've changed my mind, Signore," she said tiredly as she acquiesced and let him lead her to the guest room. His touch left her feeling... slightly more than just chilled. He evoked no lust, no... desire whatsoever to be touched by him. She shrugged away from his hand. Once in the guest room, she looked around the room but was not in the mood to appraise things. She said, "One hour. No more," before shutting the door and going for the bed.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'6"

“You are welcome here, Mrs. Carrington,” he reassured …

For she was either Mrs. Carrington, a murderer’s tragic widow, or Mrs. Meijer. She could return to maidenhood by neither trade or name, and he had a few ideas on how to work that if need be …

He stalked about for Mr. Benjamin, fast but lighter in his dress-shoe’d step than typical.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

There was a soft knock on the front door, one he would recognize. It was uncharacteristically late time of day for a visit for most people. Elijah had been welcomed to come after work so he thought little of it. Of course, he felt odd coming without an excuse so he had a loaf of bread he'd made for breakfast. He hoped the lawyer would still enjoy it tomorrow if he even liked this sort. The constable was trying to learn more about him and what better way than trial and error?
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Ah! Did he spy a shadow of Mr. Benjamin, fleeing, or was that just a trick of the light?

Before he could follow, he heard a knock at the door. Zechariah peered out the window, grinned, and went to open the door. At least that part of his plan had fell neatly into his lap.

“Elijah,” he said, keeping his normally loud voice down. “I was just about to send for you.”

He glanced over his shoulder.

“And my sister, as soon as I can find my butler. My fiance is here taking a nap,” he rushed, “and she seems to be in a bit of a … state.”

He stepped aside, eyes dropping to the bread finally, and waved for him to enter.

“Come in, come in. We can put that on the table.”
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was surprised but nodded to him. "Ah, glad I came then. "He smiled but mentioning Zech's fiance made him very very nervous. He spoke softly to him, "What sort of state? Should I get a doctor?" He asked, certainly supportive of his friend and his relationship.

He moved inside and found a table to place the bread on. "Just.. tell me what it is I can do?" Was meeting his fiance this late a good idea? She could hate him on sight.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Zechariah closed the door behind Elijah, leaving it unlocked for once.

“I am so grateful you are here,” he sighed. “When it all began … she would not take ‘no’ for an answer.”

He licked his lips as the gears churned on how to most damningly word things.

“Now … she is not herself. She is pregnant with twins, looking frail, and trying to make rash financial decisions. The only time I have heard of anything like this is with her father-in-law’s recent deterioration.”

Zechariah put a hand on Elijah’s arm far more warmly than with Sonia.

“If you could fetch a doctor – not Wells, anyone but Wells – I think I need someone who knows what illness looks like to tell me what she needs.”
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was taking in a lot of information without context. Wouldn't say no.. to what? He managed to not stare at Zechariah licking his lips as he tried to remain very focused on the clearly important conversation.

He merely nodded alone as he was told about twins and she needed a doctor for her fragile condition. It made perfect sense! He was about to leave when he was told not to get Wells.

"Not Doctor Wells?" He wondered what Zech knew that he didn't. That man seemed like a wonderful doctor, but he'd trust him. Of course he'd trust the man before him with something like this that he didn't know otherwise for complete certainty.

"Alright, I'll find.. a doctor.' He didn't know who, but someone.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Zechariah’s lips gleamed on a concerned face.

Now, what he was concerned about …

He put both hands on Elijah’s arms and squeezed affectionately, gaze fond.

“I am the luckiest man to have you.”

… In his life, in a general sense. That was obvious, surely.

“We will talk more after someone is tending to her.”

Before she can escape.

“Thank you, Elijah,” he said, finally releasing his intimate grip.

With that, he turned back to his search for Mr. Benjamin.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah returned the look with something. It wasn't hope, there was nothing to be hopeful about. But it was warm. To have him? Suddenly he was standing alone and blinked then realized the other went to find his butler.

He turned and left quietly, closing the door behind him to find another doctor to bring to assist with the fiance. He still pondered why Wells was no good, but he trusted Zechariah's opinion. He was lucky to have him after all!
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Where was that Mr. Benjamin? He checked the parlor since it was right there.