Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Open] [CW] Box #11
Blood-Shy Future Surgeon

78 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him

In response to the following ad.

This letter is addressed from the Carrington estate.

Quote:Dr. Witaker:

I accept the position of apprentice. My breeding is good, and my morals impeccable. I meet all of your criteria, and more. I attend Cambridge University, and would be happy to grace you with my apprenticeship.

Please address your return response to Mrs. Rupert, and she shall schedule your visit to the estate within two weeks.

Best,
Roderick Carrington
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'3"

This letter is from the nice edge of an increasingly rougher side of town.

Quote:To Dr. Witaker, or Whom It May Concern,

I am a young man interested in your apprenticeship. I currently contract with the Whitby Constabulary. My work has included chronicling and identifying men and women at the mortuary, in various states of composure, and relaying the news to grieving families.

I have a steady hand and some experience with cleaning wounds and applying sutures. I wash frequently and thoroughly, and keep a clean space. My sister can attest to this.

Should you consider me a candidate, I am available at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your consideration,
-Aslan Koch

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

Quote:To Master Roderick Carrington

I shall respectfully decline, sir. Is this a cruel jest? Your family is the last family I wish to take into my practice. I would never turn you away as a patient, but damned if I'll give you a cut of my hard earned living when your kin has taken from me what was most precious to me in this world. She was my wife and she carried my child, and your kin took them from me on a whim. I could not bear the thought of seeing that reminder every damned day for possibly the rest of my life. No, thank you, sir. Good day.

D. W.

Donald did not like that one at all just from the last name and quickly, and firmly, I might add, penned a decline letter. Not sorry for his candor, he moved on to the next.

Quote:To Master A. Koch,

Meet me Friday morning at the Diamond Pony's bar, 8:00 am if you'd please. Yes, I know it is an odd request of a place but that is where I am on Fridays, treating and checking in on the... ah... staff. The owner in particular has me quite concerned. If you become my apprentice, you shall be doing this task for me among other things and I need to see for myself how you would handle situations like these, if you are of a mind to help ease an old man's mind. I will explain myself further to ease your curiosity if that is perked at all, sir. I digress, if you'd indulge me in this, sir, I would be grateful.

Sincerely,
Donald S. Witaker, Doctor

34 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'7
Alias: GreatTallywhacker

On very cheap paper there is a note written in  neat but careful lettering. 

Quote:To Doctor Whitaker:

My name is Miss Evelyn Griffin, I am 24 years old and I reside in Whitby. I have been a practicing nurse under Doctor Richard Bernstein who has recently retired his practice. I am hoping to find new employment. While I have not had official medical training, my nursing skills have served me well for almost seven years. Please respond if you will give me an opportunity to prove myself.

Signed,
Miss Evelyn Griffin

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

Quote:To Miss Evelyn Griffin,

I will be conducting an interview at the Diamond Pony for an apprentice. If you are alright meeting at a place such as this, I want to see how you are with my patients and I have chosen to treat the women and men of the brothel after certain things have happened. I know it is not a proper place for a woman of good standing to be, so I will not be offended if you would rather not.

Sincerely,
Doctor Donald S. Witaker

34 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'7
Alias: GreatTallywhacker

Quote:To Doctor Whitaker:

I believe any one who truly wants to help shouldn't choose. If that is where you will be conducting your interview and they are the ones you are helping, I will be there. Thank you for the opportunity. 

Sincerely,  Miss Evelyn Griffin