Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Boys Will Be Boys [Market, Shops and Spas]

188 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 4'10"

Edward nodded. "Of course I ask for the tarts!" He whispered to her. Behind the counter, a monstrous man watched them with a sharp frown. He originally thought the guy already knew what he was up to, but realized later on he just looked like that. He dug into his pocket for the coins as Mable said she'd charm them. Could anyone charm the baker, Maddock? He was like a monster in human skin. He was sure he was as cold as a blizzard and even Mable couldn't warm his heart.

He was about to walk up to ask when she mentioned lemons. He leaned away from her as if she was diseased. "Real lemons are sour and gross. Lemon tarts and candies are delicious. Not like those at all! They are.. I guess more like lemonade.' He had never had lemonade before. He'd heard of it, but never tried it. "Look... just one day come back and buy a lemon tart and try it."

He wanted to see her expression when she finally had a tart. It would be worth the show when she realized he was totally right about how great they were. He placed the coins down with a very cocky smile. "One lemon and two strawberry tarts, my good man!" He said as if he did this sort of thing every day and wasn't trying to steal from the man before him.

The baker took his coins and looked them over very carefully, sorting them in his hand before he put them away. "Ok." He nodded and wrapped the tarts up with complete care to make sure they would be able to handle whatever journey Edward would put them through and then gave the three tarts over to him.

He snatched them from the man impatiently and walked over to her. "Come on, let's go!" He felt lucky the guy didn't question anything.Probably just happy to get him out of his hair.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

If lemon tarts were as good as Edward was insisting they were, she wouldn't have a choice but to come back and try one!  Not today, though.  Today was strawberry tarts, for the very first time, and she would enjoy every second of it!

As the man behind the counter inspected the coins, Mable looked at him very carefully, like how she would look at her dad when in his presence.  It must have been a very good tactic, too, because the man did not say anything (didn't even look at her, in fact!) and gave them the sweets without a fuss.  She followed Edward out but turned and gave the baker man a wave before she was all the way out the door.

"Thank you!  Have a blessed day!"

The door closed behind her and she jumped up and down beside Edward.

"Can we try them now?  Or should we find somewhere to sit first?  Can we - ooh, Edward, can we have a picnic?  That would just be lovely, wouldn't it?  What do you want to do?"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Perhaps to Mable's surprise, or maybe not, the man looked like he wanted to say something but only returned the wave. Letting the two leave with their dessert.

"Picnic?! Isn't that just sittin on the grass? Come on.." He wondered how she'd survived. "You like.. used to live in a big house? Maybe they kept you locked away from people or somethin.. you don't know the first thing about being out on your own, do ya?"

He kept the tarts close and walked around until there was a quiet place to sit on some crates. He tucked one leg underneath as he handed her the two strawberry tarts. He could tell the difference by the stronger strawberry smell. When he unwrapped his and saw the familiar yellow filling, he smiled huge and immediately dug in. "This! This is tarts!' He told her triumphantly as he ate. It didn't take more than three bites before his treat was gone. He had been starving, but at least it would get him through the day unless he wasted the rest of the coins.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable pouted as Edward's lackluster reaction to picnics.  Who didn't like picnics!  Didn't he know they were the best way to eat?  Why did he think she was raised in a big house?  Most people her age she had met seemed to think that.  Was that a good thing or a bad thing?

"I did not live in a big house, I lived on a farm, outside.  I slept in grass more nights than a proper bed, I think, and had picnics more times than I've eaten at a table, so I'm fond of them!"  Being locked away from people wasn't entirely inaccurate, but the reason for that was distance rather than cruel parents.

Well... maybe it was both.

"I know lots about being on my own, though," she finished, her pout only growing, but it disappeared completely as Edward finally settled on somewhere to sit and eat.  Mable joined him on another crate, tucking her dress underneath her before pulling her legs up and crossing them, taking her tarts with careful hands.

One she placed in her lap, and the other she opened the same way Edward did.  She didn't eat it as fast, though, first taking a moment to look the treat over.  It looked just as lovely as the others in the display did, maybe even more so because it was here, in her hands.  She almost couldn't believe it.

She finally took a bite, seeing how excitedly Edward ate his own tart, and hummed in delight.  "Oh, my!"  It was too good, she couldn't help speaking with her mouth full.  Immediately, she took another bite, grinning all the while.

The tart was so sweet, and the strawberries were absolutely perfect, "Edward, thank you!  This is very good, I'm very happy!  Tarts are the best!"

It was not lost on her, the way Edward ate his tart like he was so hungry.  Mable could relate.  She couldn't count the amount of times she'd eaten something the same way - just the other day, in fact, and it made her feel bad for asking Edward to spend more coin for someone he didn't even know.

When she mad finished half the tart, satisfied in having tried her new favorite food, she offered it in the napkin to Edward.  "Thank you again, Edward!  This isn't your gift, but I'm quite full, and I don't want to waste.  I'll keep the other for my brother, though, when I see him later."

188 Posts
4 Threads

He knew of farms around. They were quieter than town and looked like the people there had it easier maybe. That might have explained things if she'd laid on grass all the time.

"Whitby is gonna eat you alive, farm girl." He warned but waited for her to eat.

He was grinning ear to ear when she did and liked it. He'd been right and she knew it. Tarts were the best! He was overjoyed sincerely when she agreed. But when she tried to give him half , he was confused.

"Ain't you hungry? Eat it or wrap it for later!" He was so tempted to take it. But he'd just filled his belly with tart and it was hers. Maybe she'd cry later when it was gone. Or maybe they had money and could have tarts all the time. Envy started to seep in but he kept it away as he shook his head. "It's yours , like I said. Just eat the rest tonight. " stupid girl. Stupid girl who didn't seem to have to worry about when she'd eat again. He should have taken both tarts from her then and there.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Edward had no idea how much she wanted to keep the tart for herself, but she was trying to be nice!  She really should save it for later, but she's already offered some to her friend, and she really did want him to have some, maybe more than she wanted it for herself.

"It's not mine, its ours.  If I want more, I'll pester my brother for a bite of his.  After all, the strawberry is very good - the best flavor I think.  Have you ever had it before?  Here, have a bite at least, Edward, then I'll wrap it up.  Please?"

It was the same trick her brother used to use on her to get her to eat when she was much younger, and maybe Edward would see right through her, but she'll be darned if she didn't try!

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward stewed in his stubbornness but then realized he was being foolish. He had no reason to not take what was being offered. "Fine. Since you insist. But it's strawberry. I know it's good though it's not as good as lemon."

He grabbed a bite from it and enjoyed the extra food. He would have to think about what to do with his coins. Maybe he could find a place to bury it like a pirate. No one would find it, he'd do such a good job.

"Wrap it up for later. And don't forget who was nice to give it to you " He emphasized. "Your friend. " He did want whatever this sheltered girl could give him if she did see him again of course.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable beamed at the bite Edward took, and wrapped it back up, placated for the moment.

"I won't forget," she said confidently, "I never forget anything.  I'm the best at remembering!"

As if she would ever forget a friend, or her promise to him.  Ha!  This boy really didn't know who he was talking to.  Mable wondered what flowers would look best on him.  She'd make him a crown as his gift, as soon as she found some suitable flowers.  Hopefully Whitby had some nice variety.

"Will you whistle that song for me again, now, please?  I'd so much like to hear it!"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Had Edward known what her gift was, he'd have turned abd walked away that very moment. Instead, he leaned to the wall, hands in his pockets and seemed to be in thought. What did he whistle? He had no clue! He looked to her, trying to act like a guy who knew what he was doing.

"How about this. You try to hum it for me and then I'll jump in and whistle. It'll be like a.. what do they call it? A twosome? A duet!" He was sure one of those things was the word. If she didn't even remember, he could whistle anything and she wouldn't be the wiser, he'd imagine.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Why did this suddenly feel like a test?  Mable's brows furrowed as she tried to recall the beautiful song, humming it uncertainly at first.  She was really trying very hard to remember, but she had only heard it for a moment before Edward stopped.

"It went something like that, I think, it was very happy.  Wait, let me try again.  Whistle this time!"

Somehow, Mable was a nervous performer, even with just once person in her audience.  As she hummed, a little louder now, she ran her hands up and down her braid over her shoulder.  Her eyes were shut firmly in concentration, but it paid off!  The tune was quite similar, she thought!