Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Cut off my Roots [Doctors, Constabulary, and Court]

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Menachem shrugged slightly and moved to sit more easier. "Then save yourself the trouble and don't bother. He isn't worth it. But thank you for the sympathy..."

The man took the offered drink and bread and slowly tore off a small piece and put it in the soup to soak up the liquid. He looked up at Tristan. "Yeah? He seem to be doing well then? You think he is happy on his farm?" He asked before sipping some lemonade and trying a spoonful of soup with the small piece of soaked roll.

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Tristan sat down on the opposite bench. "I was only there briefly and I generally don't see people on their best day," he said with a small smile. "But his wife seems to care about him at least."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem nodded and laughed weakly but stopped quickly as it made his ribs ache. "I imagine a lot of people show you their worse side. But I'm glad to hear that. I've always been a little worried he'd be taken advantage of even though he could have a mean side too. But then who doesn't?"

He ate very slowly and drank, taking plenty of time for any small amount to settle in his stomach. He didn't get far before he felt he'd had enough.

704 Posts
11 Threads

Tristan merely smiled. He didn't want to talk too much about his other patients, because even though he wasn't sharing anything medical, it still felt unprofessional. He let him eat in silence. It was better if he focused on the food for now.

When he realized Mr. Meijer was done eating, he got up and took the bowl and glass from him and put the away, so the man wouldn't have to move. "Your brother should be here soon, I think."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem didn't care that he wasn't told. Who was he to demand any information on his brother that he hadn't bother to visit?

When his dishes were taken, he laid back and draped an arm over his face to try to relax. "Thanks doctor. I am sure you've got a lot to do. But you took the time for me. I appreciate it."

He heard a knock at the door before it began to open. He moved his arm to look and immediately narrowed closed his eyes again. It must have been a patient, he didn't recognize him.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Zechariah was at a very important meeting at the barbershop. Benny had been taking messages when someone had arrived. It seemed important, so he took charge in his stead to go to the doctor's and check on his boss's brother. He had seen him briefly once. He supposed it was something important since he was sent for. Zechariah really should have come, but he wasn't home and he didn't want to ask him to leave his appointment early for this. If it was really important, he'd go find him and tell him and let the man decide then.

When he arrived, he struck his knuckles to the door before opening it. "Hello? Doctor? I'm here for Mr. Meijer's brother." He walked in and noticed a patient laying back on a cot. His head turned towards Tristan as he waited patiently to be guided to where he assumed uriel would be.

704 Posts
11 Threads

Tristan gave him a nod. "You're welcome."

But he still hoped to be paid for it. He hoped the man hadn't told him a lot of nonsense.

He looked up at the knock and his eyebrows lifted when he saw the young man. Ah, had to be another farmhand they had hired so that Mr. Meijer could rest.

"Yes, thank you for coming. I assume Mr. Meijer was held up?" Or didn't like his brother that much either. "Never mind, can you help support him? I'll take the other side. He mustn't use that foot."

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny rose his brow. "Yeah, my boss was busy.. this is his brother?"

He walked over and folded his arms. His head tilted side to side as he studied him then tilted his head towards Tristan. "Are you sure he isn't lying? I don't recognize him. I only know of his one brother, and he looks nothing like this guy." He stretched his hand up. "He's pretty big, lives on a farm outside of town I think?"

Hearing the doctor welcome the guy, he'd moved his arm to look at the guy and immediately frowned and sat up though it made him grab his head as he cursed and grumbled that he was his brother.

"Easy to say. What did he say his name was?" He looked to the doctor again. "If he says Uriel, he's a dirty liar."

704 Posts
11 Threads

Tristan's eyebrows traveled down again into a frown. He covered his eyes for a moment as he understood what had likely happened. Good thing the git wasn't home. He dropped his hand and turned to the boy who had slipped in after this young man to wait for his money.

"I told you to get Mr. Uriel Meijer. Did you go to __?" he gave Mr. Zecheriah's street.

"Aye, ser. That's Mr. Meijer, alright."

"It's the wrong one. Mr. Uriel Meijer. On the farm, at __. Go fetch him, will you?"

"And me pay?!"

"Once you've fetched the right one."

The boy gave him a nasty look, but left, hopefully to fetch Mr. Uriel. Tristan turned back to the two men. "Well, I believe we've had a bit of a misunderstanding..."

281 Posts
6 Threads

"So it seems..." Menachem frowned as he looked at the other guy. "Don't tell my brother I was here or the state I'm in."

The newcomer rose a brow and smirked. "And why shouldn't I?" Immediately the man noticed the state of the other as a smell hit his nose. He covered it with his sleeve and scowled. "Christ, you reek."

The injured man returned the scowl more and would have thrown the dishware if it was still there. "I've been injured and treated like a dump for days, what's you're excuse?!"

Benny frowned but looked to Tristan. "I'll be sure to get Zechariah here Immediately unless you give me a good reason not to." He wasn't sure if he could. But if this was his boss' brother and he didn't want him to know. It could very very entertaining.