Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Cut off my Roots [Doctors, Constabulary, and Court]

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

"Of course, of course," said the big man. "Yeah, come to my place and have a soak. Looks like you could use it." He gave a sympathetic look to Menachem and then turned his gaze to Dr. Wells, "He can ride in the back so it's more comfortable for him." He then turned around and headed toward the door, "Come, let's get you taken care of, Menachem. I bet you could use a good bite to eat as well."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Menachem hung his head as he slowly rose up. "Slow down, I can barely walk." He limped towards the door after Uriel. A bath sounded like paradise. He wondered if he'd ever leave the tub once he got all cleaned up. "Ah.. the doctor gave me soup. I shouldn't... eat too much." It wasn't like him to sound so pathetic, but he wasn't himself at the moment and being dependent on someone was the worst. But, he was grateful to both men. "Thank you .. Uriel. I really do owe you.'

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Tristan smiled in relief and gratitude when he witnessed the kindness. They weren't all crazy and sadistic.

He rushed forward to support Menachem. "Here, you shouldn't use that foot for now. Mr. Meijer if you could support his other side?" Provided he did, he helped get the man into the carriage. "You can eat more, but take small portions many times, rather than one big meal. And make sure plenty of that is fluids."

He turned to his patient's brother. "I'll get cleaned up here," mostly himself. The foul smell clung to him as well now, - "and come over in a while, when your brother has had time to bathe."

308 Posts
8 Threads

He nodded and moved to help support his older brother, bending down some so it wasn't as hard to hold him up. He helped Tristan in helping Menachem to the waiting carriage. Then he would pull down the tailgate of the wagon end and offer to help his brother into the back where he could stretch his legs and hopefully be more comfortable than in the front.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem grumbled "I can do it..." but perhaps it was on purpose he made it too mumbled to be heard. He grimaced as it was humiliating but he was grateful as he leaned on both men to limp to the ride. Tristan's mention about having to clean up would have made his face burn if he was still a child who easily got flustered. He still didn't want to show his face as he took their hospitality and settled onto the tail gate and stretched out the injured leg. "Thanks.." he managed to say as he finally raised his head to look forward, not wanting to make eye contact. "I appreciate it."

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Tristan nodded at Uriel and then at Menachem. Then he stepped away from the carriage. "I'll see you in a bit, then."

308 Posts
8 Threads

The ride to his house took a little while, especially as they weren't really talking yet. There was a long and awkward silence only filled by the sounds of the cart and horse on the road. Eventually, however, he did say, "We're nearly there. I was going to move the boys, my farm hands, to the room adjacent to the barn, but because its more private than the loft, I think you Should take it, at least for tonight and tomorrow night. We can work something out if we need to." He paused and took a right on the road, leading down to his small farm.

"But not before you get a nice long soak in the tub in the house. You look like you could use a good relaxation. Woah." he called out to the horse and slowed the cart to a stop. "Let's get you inside."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem had relished the silence as talking was more than awkward for him. When his brother spoke, he listened before waving him off. "I've got it but I mostly just need that bath so he can finish fixing me and maybe a night's rest. I don't want to.." he didn't finish for a moment. He didn't want to inconvenience him? Depend on someone else? Or be around to remind uriel how much better he was than his older brother who scrapped on by where he could?

"I don't want to keep your bed when others obviously need it. I'll just take my leave and work on paying you back soon as I can..." he looked to the farm and winced when it was time to get off and go inside.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"For fuck's sake, Menachem, you're hurt, putz. You don't need to go anywhere." He sounded almost offended when his brother talked about not staying. "And nonsense, you don't have to pay me back." With that, he got out of the cart and wrapped the reigns around the fencepost. He then moved to help him out of the back of the cart, into the house, and toward the bathroom. "Furthermore, I haven't seen you in a long time and..." He looked tired when Abraham started to cry in the other room. Thank God for Kitty though.

"Just... relax, alright? I am not Zecheriah, I won't give you hell."

281 Posts
6 Threads

"Uriel.." he wanted to cut off his brother as he frowned more. He stared down at his hands which were dirty and scraped. "Thanks. It's been hard, even before I went to prison. I don't like asking for help. And I'd rather die than talk to Zech for help. Soon as I am back on my feet, I will try to figure something out."

But what? What could he figure out? He'd whored himself out as a social companion a few times to middle class women wanting to look like they had a handsome, somewhat educated lover. And he'd done plenty of dirty work he didn't want to mention. It was an empty promise even if he wanted to mean it.

He took the offered help to get into the house and jumped at the sound of a baby cry. He couldn't help but look around the place as he limped in towards the bath. "Looks like you've got it all figured out though. You can brag your good fortune. I am happy for you." He said softly.