Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] what lies beneath the surface [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

80 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'3"

She almost grinned at him but schooled her expression carefully. She then rested her head on his shoulder, scooting just a little closer to him so it wouldn't be a strain on her neck. "Alright," she murmured, and then it surprised her when she drifted off whilst her head was on Pony's shoulder. She smelled of cinnamon, nutmeg, and of apples from her endeavors. Her breathing deepened and she would lightly nap against the one she was coming to like more than she probably ought to.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony waited patiently when they arrived to her house. He held her for a moment and brushed back her hair, glancing down to enjoy her sleeping face. He considered what to do, and finally shrugged. He carefully moved her to lean to the back to sleep and slipped off the cart and tried to carry her in her arms.

He wondered if she'd wake on the way in as he wanted to not wake her, since she'd worked so hard. He wasn't the smoothest man though, so it was almost certain she'd wake sooner than later.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She sighed in her sleep as he carried her into her house. Her arms moved around his neck out of instinct and her face nuzzled at his shoulder. Her eyes slowly opened then, and she blinked a few times. "Pony..." she said, trailing off, not sure what to say about what was transpiring.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

The ginger haired man looked down as he heard his name and chuckled softly. "Morning sleepy head. Sorry for carrying you but you were so tired, I didn't want to wake you." He nodded his head to gesture where they were.

"I was just about to lay you on top of your bed and sneak out so you can rest. You've had a very long day after all." He looked down at her but hadn't put her to her feet yet.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She gazed right back up at him, then her eyelids lowered some as her gaze shifted from eyes to mouth, then back again. She could feel her heart start pounding hard against her breast. "I see," she said after a long moment, her voice soft and almost distant with those two uttered words. Then her fingers moved of their own accord, curling, tips brushing the back of his neck for a moment.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony noticed the way she was looking at him. He wasn't an idiot, and the fingers on his skin only verified it.

"Ah.. Gin... I think.. yer getting a wee bit.." he immediately cleared his throat as his Irish was starting to show. "I mean. You must be tired. You should rest." He continued to take her to her room and only looked back down at her when he was holding her over his bed. "Sorry I'm in your bedroom. But you'll get some good sleep. Alright?" He said quietly as he leaned down to gently place her.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She shook her head to clear it and then immediately moved her hands. "Of course," she said, "Of course. I... yes." She said awkwardly... She was feeling some kind of confusion about what just happened. He'd carried her to her room, for God's sake. What was he doing? "It's quite alright, Pony," she said in a low voice. "I'll see you soon." She didn't meet his eyes now and red colored her cheeks, but she wasn't about to make a fool of herself over this change of events.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony looked very apologetic and stepped away. "I'm so sorry. I knew you were tired and it wasn't what it looked like. So I was trying to be very respectful to you." He said quickly and hoping she knew he meant it.

80 Posts
3 Threads

"It's... quite alright..." she said and gave a wan smile. "Goodnight, Pony." In retrospect, she thought, she ought never have rested her head on his shoulder. She felt like such a fool. It was at that moment, she wanted to just be alone, and the sooner he would leave her, the sooner she could climb out the window onto the roof and have a good, long think about what she did and did not want.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony gave a nod and gave a quiet apology once more before he left her alone to her thoughts.