Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Cloud on a Sunny Day [Market, Shops, and Spas]

32 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'8"

To be honest, he didn't like the way the baker had looked at the girl one bit, so he was glad to get her out of there. He nodded almost distractedly, thinking that perhaps someone needed to knock some sense into the man... literally. He was not a man of violence, but he wanted to be. "I am sorry, I didn't think the man would be so blatant," he muttered a little bit more vehemently than he meant to.

"Ahem, sorry. I didn't answer your question... I like Dante's Inferno and am looking for a copy." He offered his arm for her to hold onto as they walked, his other hand moving to rest behind his own back. "And you don't need to thank me. It was a matter of honor to keep you out of harm's way."

154 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'4"

The day was beautiful, so she wanted to leave unpleasantness behind her. Hopefully, the man was just disturbing but harmless. "Not sure if being more subtle would make me feel better though I'd have been unaware. But it's alright, we are out of there. Perhaps... it wasn't what it looked like. Let's just move on.." She offered to keep going and not dwell on it.

"Ah? I haven't read that yet. Maybe they will have two and I can read it as well, it has an interesting title." She thought perhaps she'd heard it mentioned, an older book she was certain. If it was a favorite of his, she would like to at least try it, even if it wasn't her usual type.

"Thank you, I do appreciate it. I'd like to think I could take care of myself, but I'm glad there was no need of conflict since you were around." She offered him a smile as they walked.

32 Posts
1 Thread

He gave a nod, glad to be moving along from the man. The discussion about books made Maxim happy, he was genuinely interested in her mind. "What kind of books do you like?" He tilted his head as they walked, listening to her while watching where they were going.

He eventually got them to a corner where he would hail a hackney and they would be off to the library. Assuming she let him, he helped her into the cab of the carriage and then got in on the other side. "It would be quite the walk and I say the sooner we get there, the sooner I can show you how lovely this library is." It's almost as lovely as you, he added silently.

154 Posts
3 Threads

The question had her think, and she strolled beside him letting her mind consider her reply. "I like stories. Especially ones that make me think. While I like things somewhat realistic, having a touch of fantasy or horror can be fun. Recently I read the Picture of Dorian Gray. I loved it a lot. Have you read that?" Perhaps that wasn't the sort of novel one should suggest to someone they'd just met. She was being sincere though, and if he thought less of her for her reading material, it would be saddening. But she wasn't going to change for someone else.

She took his hand to get in and smiled when he joined her. This was a nice little extra to her day. She'd walked everywhere since arriving in Whitby. But she had never been in a hurry to get anywhere that she'd needed a ride. "This is very kind of you. I am excited to see it. I love a library, great or small." Her eyes went to look around as they moved but then back to glance at the handsome and nice man riding with her.

32 Posts
1 Thread

"I hadn't heard of that until now, I should like to try reading it." He smiled winningly and the carriage pulled them along toward the library.

Eventually, they came to a stop in front of the edifice that the library belonged to, and he would offer to help her out. Once out, he'd lead her to the library. Ahh, what a nice change to see a girl wanting to read. He loved intelligence in a woman, it made for better conversation. Nettie seemed to be as smart as he was, and that pleased him well.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie nodded and smiled, starting to look a bit uncertain. "If it isn't your type of book, I understand. Not everyone is a fan of Oscar Wilde, especially lately. I found it a very interesting story about the struggles of man and the drive of superficial desires mostly immortality and beauty. It's very artistic and bold." She looked away as they approached the library.

"Is that it?" The blond woman looked to the man next to her, and was happy to have someone who'd like to read with her. She had been desperately wanting to make friends in the town.

32 Posts
1 Thread

"I've heard things about him, but that doesn't make me have a distaste for him. I just haven't read any of his works, though I am open to." He gave a grin and then helped her out of the carriage, offering his arm again for her to take. "The library is a wonderful place to be." And then he would usher her inside where they would soon be surrounded by the smell of books. Old books, new books, books everywhere.

154 Posts
3 Threads

"You have an open mind, I don't see that very often. Thanks." Thanks? She wanted to say something like she liked that about him, or that it made him look even better in her eyes. But only the word thanks came out. She hoped it didn't sound weird to him or he took it the wrong way.

"Oh, I completely agree.." She walked with him into the place and her eyes looked around in joy at the books. .There were so many, she didn't know where to begin. As her eyes wandered the rows of books, she naturally squeezed his arm a bit to try to keep in her overwhelming joy. "I don't know what I want to look at first.." She whispered with a huge smile.

32 Posts
1 Thread

"The world is your oyster right now, my friend," he said softly with a grin and led her toward his favorite subject... Mathematics. "This is my favorite section here. I study mathematics." And then he blushed a little as if it made him seem weird for liking math. "I especially love geometry and shapes." Like the shape of your mouth, he silently added.

"Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction? They have fiction here as well as informational tomes." He was very boyish when it came to the library, like a child in a candy store.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie nodded and smiled as she looked around. Math? That was unusual, but she found it very interesting. "Really? I've never heard of such a thing. It is a wonderful thing to like though, it's very useful. I do not know perhaps even a fraction of what you know.." She giggled slightly at that, "But I wouldn't mind if you'd like to talk to me about math."

"I do enjoy learning things, but I like to read fiction for books. But if I found a curious book of any kind, I'd want to read it." The blond woman nodded and was reading over the titles of the ones in the math section, some of it going slightly over her head what it would be about.