Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] In need of more arms [Railway Station]

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Christine stopped, Chéri turned and for a moment they were a little worried the woman could have been offended by something they said/did. But no, she laughed and protested. Chéri shrugged “If you had become smart” read: educated “but were poor, you’d be spending your time figuring out how to make the money instead of speaking to me now.” And then they shrugged and turned. Chéri seemed absolutely sure. The things seemed to make him smile and laugh more than anything else.

Chéri laughed a little and added “Well, that is part of it: you need to look like you are in need. What you need, you can decide based on what you think the person in front of you can give you.” they added a wink and then laughed further.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine nodded very matter-of-factly. "I see, I see. So what you are saying is... people who have been educated and have ever had means of wealth, but are now without, must turn cold to someone in need? I was not aware of that rule." She was mocking him but it was good natured.

She looked at him skeptically but smiled. "This sounds like you are either begging or hoping someone attempts to seduce you and you allow it for them to rain their riches upon you in order to gain your beautiful favor. "

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri giggled a little and commented “No, I’m saying they are too busy. Everyone has feelings, the lucky ones are those who can decide to act upon them and lose precious time, energy, whatever you like.” Chéri kept staring, curious to see if there was going to be another ironical reaction.

She was skeptical. He rose his brows “It isn’t begging if other people spontaneously offer.” And shrugged. “And one does not need to be rich to want to help someone in need. And it does not necessarily be riches, you know? But, if you don’t have enough money or don’t know the right people, I guess you do hope to get lucky. Is that odd?”

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine waved her hand. "Everyone can be busy sometimes, even me. But I think almost everyone can spare a little time if they want to. So it's nothing. If they are too busy to help they are exhausting themselves into an early grave." She sighed and looked ahead.

"You're right." She laughed and lightly nudged his shoulder with hers, careful not to drop their packages. "It doesn't have to be. Any gain is still a gain." She nodded in agreement.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri smiled sweetly and added nothing: it would be giving away their personal position and also, to be frank, they needed to think about it, about what that meant for them. Christine seemed to have the uncanny ability to make them contemplative. Chéri rose their nose to the sky and started to look thoughtful, then turned.

“Mh? Really? I didn’t expect you to say that. I thought you had morals about money.” Or whatever that was called.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Her traveling companion had grown quiet and so she allowed it as she didn't know what to say to cut through the silence. When he mentioned her morals, she laughed. "What makes you think that? I did mention I always liked the witches after all." She winked and smiled more as she walked. "Just because I'm nice doesn't mean I have morals. " She gave him a very wicked smile. "So you best becareful around strangers, even sweet ones like me."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri shrugged and protested “Witches do have morals! Half of the time they are getting revenge or payment! They generally don’t do things for the hell of it. That is fairies or devils for whatever.” Chéri tested her. Then shook their head “That’s not what I mean. I mean those things that make you decide how one should or should make the money. You know” She ought to know, right? Chéri rose their brows meaningfully. “Oh, I am careful. I have lots of care for strangers” whatever that meant.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine smiled wide. "Hansel and Gretel. That witch merely ate children. And what about Snow White? Simple jealousy." She corrected him.

"Ah of course. I do...somewhat. but I avoid thinking about it unless I have to." She then looked at him and her hands were full so she couldn't hide the grin as she stifled a laugh before nodding.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri shook their shoulders “I don’t know those two,” they hadn’t had much time in their childhood to hear to stories. And maybe hearing them would not have changed their mind, but it was hard to tell.

“Unless you have to find a way to make money?” They teased her gently, laughing a little bit, as they adjusted the pile in their arms. Chéri laughed back. They were clearly having a lot of fun.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine looked towards him in surprise. "Then please, come to my bookstore some time. I would love to read to you. I could have an edition in french, I am not certain." She tilted her head in thought as they walked.

Christine grinned and stood straight and proud. "That is where luck comes in. I was born with money... technically. My father worked really hard and saved every penny like he needed them to breathe. My mother died because he was too cheap to buy medicine. At least he wasn't a hypocrite. Bastard died without seeing a doctor. So, I now have his money and I do with it what I like. Money is important, but don't let it control you." She looked at him a bit seriously as she spoke.