Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

Like a feather

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Chéri (WIP)

18 :: Born in Ainoha, French Basque lands, lived in Paris for almost ten years and now Whitby :: Trained ballet dancer, street singer, drag queen, sex worker

From Where They Came

Chéri is someone who has used their ability and love for the stage to grow and learn how to survive in life, while in their personal life they aren’t very chatty and are kind of behind when it comes to deep emotional connections. While they have heard a lot about love and can perform a lot of what is connected to it, there is a huge way for them to go before they can “do adult” in terms of emotional connection. 
Because of how they grew up and where, they very conservative in many ways (yeah, I know, contradictions…) and have a hard time thinking outside the box.
Speaking of which, this very binary thinking character is non-binary! Specifically, I think today we would call them genrdefluid and bisexual. Obviously, those concept are unknown to the character, but the feelings are all there and so are a lot of the experiences.
Pronoun.wise, my current solution is to chose one during any thread and stick to that for the duration of the thread. I will make a point of using “she” when the character is in drag or presenting female in general (which they sometimes do).

Potential Threads
  • Chéri at this time speaks very little English at this time and cannot read, in any language. It is not something I would like to explore right away, considering they tend to be very distrustful, but if they develop a friendship with someone they make convince them. Bottom line is: Chéri sees that as a useless thing, so there would be some convincing to do.

• The character has known mainly sex work and theatre for most of their life, so yes to anything involving a performance in either, as long as it is paid decently. They learnt to be very money oriented.

• Chéri is deeply religious, so I would love for them to have a father confessor, or try several or generally looking for someone with whom to work on their faith. Speaking of which, they understand nothing of denomination, so there is some fun to be had in that.
  • I would love to have Chéri pose for someone who is interested in painting/sculpture/drawing/anything in that direction. It is something they used to do in Paris and they are generally interested in artistic partnerships of any sorts.
  • Chéri could also be a good dance master. They are also quite up to date, at least as they arrive in town. Even too fancy, potentially.
  • Because they have run away from a violent lover, who thought they owned them, there could be something interesting to be done there too. Someone looking for them, seeking revenge or wanting them back. If it could fit with anyone else’s needs, I am more than willing to got with that.

• I could totally see Chéri bonding with local teens. They are quite immature, so they would enjoy friendships with younger people.
  • Since they probably won’t get to perform much in Whitby, not like they did in Paris at least, I think there must have been some sort of physical difficulty in their life that prevents them from being able to continue to pursue dance professionally. I wouldn’t mind exploring this side too.
  • Anyone up for a drag show? Big Grin

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D. Please note that this template may be altered in any way from its original form to better suit individual plot-requesting needs. If redistributing in an altered format, please include credit for the original template.