Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Men Plow the Fields and... [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony threw up a hand. "Good! Don't marry a man! Most of us are awful and take advantage of young women. That's been my entire point!" He said slightly condescending. "I don't care. Maybe you came eight months later, maybe one of them needed money, or it has been decided before they'd ever met. Sometimes there are reasons and I don't always agree with them. I know most of those reasons didn't exist in my case. And for every case like your parents there are a hundred miserable homes, unwed miserable mothers, or even sadder orphaned kids filling the streets because their mothers didn't survive having them. Don't thing the exceptions make the rules."

He folded his arms and glared at her. "I could care less about your opinion of me. I'm not here to be your friend or to court you. I just want my damn drinks. Not deal with another woman who thinks her opinion is more important than anyone else's or more correct just because she says so. So unless you can tell me you know how hard it is because you do charity work at some convent that looks out for single mothers or an orphanage, don't act like you know better."

80 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'3"

"My parents died when I was a babe," she shot back, "I don't have the luxury of knowing whether it would have been a happy home or not! I've been living with my grandmother ever since and she is not exactly in the best of health, and I just got hired here yesterday so I could, perhaps, make some extra money so I can take care of her! I don't get paid enough to sit here and listen to you condescend me like you know what struggle truly is!" And that is when she truly snapped, knowing very well she was about to lose her job for what she was about to do.

"So you just want your beer, eh?" She poured him yet another fresh mug, brought it over to him, and promptly overturned it above his head. Then she cursed and started moving out from behind the bar, struggling to untie her apron.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony certainly felt right and watched her get angry. He was shocked when the beer was poured on him. While dripping, the man remained seated and watched her struggle off her apron.

"You take too much personally. If you get fired, learn next time to just say what you think they want to hear. No one is going to question you later to see if you were genuine. Your customers just want their drinks and maybe an ear to vent to. " He checked the glass for any beer left.

"You're lucky I don't care if you get kicked out or not. But you really should take in your temper or you'll find yourself in a bar yelling at people who -oh wait..." he smirked looking smug even as alcohol still dripped.

"Or maybe get a job as a washer woman. Fewer people you need to get along with."

80 Posts
3 Threads

She had been about to walk away from him, but he was apparently shooting for another round. "I will never," she growled and leaned in close to him over the bar counter. Her knuckles were white, "I will never," she repeated, "Tell a man what they want to hear just because that is what he wants." She reached over and sent her palm flying toward his cheek. It wasn't her full force, but there was some anger in it and it wasn't soft either. There was certainly enough for a moderate sting to ensue if contact was made.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony shut his eyes at the slap. "You only serve men? Didn't know you were so close minded. They are allowed to drink too." He certainly didn't lose his confidence. He would win this argument. "And why get so mad? Since when should you let what others do or say get to you? Won't it make you bitter?" He said before she could disappear from the bar.

80 Posts
3 Threads

"Why are you provoking me? All I did was ask you a question. I didn't ask for you to treat me like a dog that is meant to serve only to your dictates. I am not close minded! You are. You are a small minded man who needs to know his place in life. I won't be bitter at all because I'll move on from this. You won't. You'll sit there like you own the world, when really? You're nothing but a miserable snake. You get off on making people angry and then you play the victim. I bet your cock is hard just thinking about how miserable you make women." She finally got the apron untied with a flourish, just as the owner came back. "I am sorry to say, sir, but I won't be working here. I don't cater to those who think they are high and mighty, holier than thou." And then she turned back to Pony so she could finish speaking her peace. "And if you think your attitude will earn you a wife one day, you might just, but even a saint would be miserable in your company!" And with that, she marched on.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony kept his face even until the owner arrived and waved a bit. "Hello, sir. I'm sorry but your maid was so very rude. She soaked me and assaulted me. I do hope this isn't an indication of the service. I honestly have sat here the entire time. I have half a mind to call the constable and have her arrested."

He found the girl hypocritical and temperamental. He was going to win something since this entire argument started because of her asking a question and not expecting an answer.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She was gone. She was not there to give him satisfaction of another "lose" in his opinion. She had bigger things to worry about. If the man got kicked out for his bastardry, she would give a nice, Mona Lisa smile his way. She'd vanished from sight before he had a chance to even spout such nonsense, vanished like a cloud of smoke.