Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Home again [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

37 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: she/her
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=541
Height: 5’6” standing 4’ 5” in her chair

She thought of that.  "I haven't tried it.  I love the sight of the flowers and fresh flowers in the rooms every day makes the house so warm and joyful.  I might try it."  She glanced at her mother who nodded, already planning to add that to the changes in Jane's room.

"I mainly play the piano.  That and the horses were my focus all my life."  She admitted.  "I have gone more into the music now, of course, since the accident."  She gave a light shrug and took another sip of her tea.

"Are you into flowers?"  She asked thinking perhaps that is why the young woman had asked her question.

48 Posts
4 Threads

Height: 5'3''

"Oh, not too much myself," said Catherine with a polite smile. She despised gardening. She hated sitting on her knees. She hated putting her hands in the earth. And she absolutely loathed the idea of getting dirt under her finger nails. Gardening was a young ladies' hobby she would never quite understand. She liked gardens of course. But why garden when there were gardeners to do the work. That was like washing laundry for a hobby. "But I do enjoy the piano very much. I would love to hear you play sometime."

37 Posts
3 Threads

Jane's eyes brightened hearing that the other young woman liked music.  "Of course, I would love to play for you.  I do enjoy playing."

Mrs. Ripley put down her cup after finishing another sip.  "She is quite good and has even composed quite a few of her own."  She was quite proud of Jane's ability and creativity with music.  It was something that her daughter could still do and it was what pulled her out of a depression after the accident.  So, it was something that Mrs. Ripley encourages and that she enjoys hearing, it makes it not a problem.

"Mama, please."  Jane blushed a bit.  Her mother, and father for that matter, did brag a bit a lot about the music she created and played.  She just enjoyed the sound of the piano and let her emotions fill into her creations.  She didn't know just how amazingly good she was.  She just did it for the joy of it.

48 Posts
4 Threads

"Really?" said Catherine. She smiled but felt quite annoyed. Probably it was really bad, she told herself to feel a little better. "Well that is quite impressive."

37 Posts
3 Threads

Mrs. Ripley nodded, quite proud of her daughter.  Jane nibbled another biscuit, then swallowing she changed the topic.  She was not one that liked to brag about herself.  "What other things, other than helping people with your groups, do you enjoy spending your time?"  Jane asked curiously.

48 Posts
4 Threads

Hunting aristocratic lord's ass, but she couldn't say that. She sipped her tea and then looked up. "Oh, my health doesn't permit me to undertake much beside the charity and morning calls. But when I feel well, I practice the piano, or go for a ride or walk." She also spent hours working on her appearance, trying new hairstyles, doing all her skin routines, shopping for new dresses or gloves or hats, and trying different combinations. But she didn't want the Ripleys to think her vain.

37 Posts
3 Threads

There was not much for her to follow up with that.  "I would like to hear you play as well.  I enjoy listening to other people playing almost as much as I enjoy playing the piano myself."  Jane smiled. 

She couldn't go for walks unless in a very solid path with her maid pushing the chair.  The horses, well, once she gets the individual small carriage for her to drive herself, perhaps, but that would be uncomfortable with another person riding a horse beside the carriage.  And it would look odd.  She didn't want that.  No one had suggested her trying to ride horses again since the accident.  Either not thinking it possible or that it would be a bad memory for her, but it was just not suggested.

She had not yet visited the stables there on the property since arriving home.  A part of her did want to, but she had not wanted to upset her parents by asking to find out if the horses were still there or had her own mount been sold off. It was still a tender topic for her, but she did find she lingered to go.

48 Posts
4 Threads

Catherine wasn't sure if she would like to show her piano skills to Jane. If the other girl was as talented as her mother claimed, she would look like a fool. Catherine was a decent player, but her teacher had often accused her performances of lacking soul. "Well, I'm sure we can find the time to practice together," she said however. She finished her tea. She finished her tea. "I should be heading home, or I will be late for dinner." She would still need to change after all.

37 Posts
3 Threads

The other ladies put down their cups to say their goodbyes.  Mrs. Ripley stood up and smiled.  "I am so glad you came by and please do come over any time you would like.  And let your mother know that I will be contacting her soon.  I so want to catch up with her as well."

Jane motioned to her maid to be ready to move the chair.  "Oh, yes, thank you.  I have so enjoyed the visit, and I look forward to the outing on Wednesday."

48 Posts
4 Threads

"She'll be delighted," Catherine replied. Then she turned to Jane. "So do I. I'm happy you've agreed to join us. I'll see you then. Goodbye and thank you for the tea." Then she let the maid show her out. She found Sarah waiting for her in the hall. She left two cards on the hall table, and as she and her maid drove home, she told Sarah all about the interesting young lady in the wheelchair.

"Well, Miss. It sounds like for all her misfortunes, that young lady is blessed with a kind spirit and a positive outlook on life that luckier folk could learn from," Sarah concluded when her mistress had finished her account.

Cathy stared out of the window and frowned. "I wonder if she'll ever marry though..."

She did not see her maid roll her eyes, nor hear the deep sigh.