Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Home again [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

37 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: she/her
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=541
Height: 5’6” standing 4’ 5” in her chair

"That will be wonderful.  Though will need a carriage that can carry my chair and my maid that helps me move around."  She added worriedly that would make it not work.

48 Posts
4 Threads

Height: 5'3''

Catherine's eyes wandered to the garden for a second and she thought about the problem. Then she turned back to Miss Ripley. "Do you own such a carriage. We could drive down here in our own, and leave it here and then we could use yours from here."

37 Posts
3 Threads

Mrs. Ripley nodded.  "Oh yes, we made sure of it before we headed back."  Actually, they had two or three, various styles, but she didn't mention that of course.  She knew just which one to loan the girls for that day.  Jane smiled.

48 Posts
4 Threads

"Wonderful," said Catherine with a smile at Mrs. Ripley. Then she looked at Miss Ripley. "We'll be here at quarter to two. If I should be sick, at least my sister Violet will go and she can pick you up and introduce you."

37 Posts
3 Threads

Jane looked over to her maid.  "We will need to be sure one of my outside dresses is ready."  The maid gave a brief nod already making a list of what would be needed for that day to prepare her charge.  Jane then looked at her mother and Catherine, "I do believe I am going to enjoy dressing up to go out and not just around the nuns and doctors and nurses."  She paused taking a sip of her tea.  "Not that I didn't enjoy being around them, they were delightful, well most of them," she twisted her lips a bit thinking of some of the less friendly of that list.  "But just out with ladies and gents seeing them and well, being back home."

48 Posts
4 Threads

"Oh it's usually quite lovely," Catherine agreed after taking a sip of her tea. "Of course, sometimes some of the girls can be, well... The society has started admitting daughters of doctors and lawyers and the sort... and they have a different breeding. It can be a bit daunting perhaps if you're not used to it. But most are quite alright once you look past it." Catherine thought it was awful. Soon they'd start admitting fishlasses, and they wouldn't just have two girls shouting at each other like they had last week, but they'd actually get into fist fights.

37 Posts
3 Threads

Jane thought about it and wasn't sure how she felt about that yet.  She had not been active in social life in some time.  She had spent more time with the doctors, nurses, and nuns.  Some of the nuns had come from a very common background and had been quite well behaved.  Some were very common in their speaking, but others might have been landed such as her own father.

Mrs. Ripley frowned though.  "That is happening in a lot of places that we've been.  I guess we must be polite and show how proper behavior looks like in front of them.  I wouldn't want to be accused of being rude nor snobbish.  But goodness, how things are changing." She sipped her tea with a slight shake of her head.

48 Posts
4 Threads

Catherine nodded in agreement with Mrs. Ripley. Her father said that the world was changing fast, but that for all the good technological and humanitarian advances, there were a lot of bad societal ones. She sipped her tea and then looked at the garden. "Do you have plans for the garden, Mrs. Ripley?"

37 Posts
3 Threads

Mrs. Ripley looked out at the garden.  "We had someone doing minimal work with it while we were gone, but I hope to have the gardeners get back out there and make it full of color and life again.  I do love a variety of colors in the gardens, don't you?"

"We've got most of the house ready for life again now.  Though having some changes of course for Jane's bedroom and sitting room to be downstairs rather than upstairs."  Also a private bathroom for her as well, but Mrs. Ripley didn't mention that part.

"It is mainly an easy change, as we had several guest bedrooms down here,"  Jane explained.  "I am looking forward to having a lovely view from the bedroom into the garden, especially once the flowers really are going well."

48 Posts
4 Threads

"Oh yes, that sounds lovely," Catherine agreed. "Do you enjoy, gardening, Miss Ripley? You could have window boxes too and tend the flowers from your room."