Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Customer Service [Market, Shops and Spas]

67 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: TBD
Alias: BlackAck

She's single too? Here he was being interrogated by this beauty from the South Seas, and Norman was struggling desperately to remain professional. Look at her, peeking alluringly from out behind her fan. It was the sort of stuff to fuel a thousand fantasies. It's not like he stood a chance with her. A village rector's daughter maybe, but this woman?

"I probably haven't met her. You know that special person, the one romantic types write poems about." He pushed a copy towards her, trying to keep it professional "If you'd like to review the information for correctness and sign in the appropriate places, Miss."

Norman noted the vibrant colours of the design on her fan. Probably another gift from the Orient.

85 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5’5”

“Perhaps you have but were too scared to act” She said in her ambitiously flirtatious manner before closing the hand when the man mentioning her signing things.

Cleverly Lailani outstretched her hand to place the fan in the mans hand, obviously she did not have to do that. She could have just as easily set the closed fan on the desk but this way allowed for her tan hand to briefly brush against Normans. 

She took the pen and began looking through the papers but her brows scrunched up at the words American on one of the typed formed.. at least she assumed it was typed by an idiot who made a mistake. “It says American on this form?” She asked with displeasure evident by the crinkle in her nose and curl of her lip as if she smelled bad American cheese.

67 Posts
3 Threads

Norman didn't respond instead finding the blotter interesting. He couldn't tell her that she was right. He lived his life from a place of fear, an ugly truth that reared it's head in darkness of night. Yet this woman, this stranger, had simply guessed it. No wonder women weren't interested in him. They wanted brave men of action like local adventurer Quentin North, not boring clerks like him. The fleeting touch of her fan, and her hand, to his was enough to snap that morbid thought. Yet it still scared him and so he quickly withdrew his hand. Her question brought him back to focus on the present.

"Yes. It says American. Is that not correct?" he asked

85 Posts
3 Threads

Lailani try as she might could not contain her bristling response to the idea of someone viewing her beloved island homelands to be a part of the  United States.

Shaking her head from side to side as she twitched the pen in between her finger tips. “No far from it. I was born in the Kingdom of Hawaii, of the traditional nobility called the ali’i through my mother. Then the Yanks last year performed a coup against my queen and have proclaimed Hawaii as the Republic of Hawaii against the wishes of its native literate Hawaiian inhabitants mind you!” She huffed with irritation at the Yankee issue, as the damn rebellion that she had donated money toward in secret had failed.. frankly the whole Yankee issue left a sour taste in her mouth.

I will not sign these papers in their current state, not with them saying I am American. I simply cannot and will not

67 Posts
3 Threads

Nobility? The Princess and the Pay Clerk! This was all getting to be a bit too much for him. Norman pressed the pen to paper on yet another banking form. Rich, dark, ink gushed forth, flowing across the pristine sheet and blank forms.

"Oh bloody 'ell!" Norman exclaimed, dropping the pen and rushing to save undamaged stationary. He must have cracked a nib. He even pushed her ornate fan out of harms way. Norman didn't pretend to understand the details of politics in far away lands; he barely understood the details of politics in Britain at times. He did understand unhappy customers and the manager had said to treat her very well.

"I am sorry about that, Miss." Norman began, his arms and hands atwitter as he moved quickly to get the desk sort of presentable again. "I'll correct these forms personally and present them for your signature. You would like them to read Hay-why-anne. Could you spell that for me please?"

85 Posts
3 Threads

Lailani blinked at first not realizing what the man was freaking out about because her eyes had been so trained on him out of anger. Then her eyes landed on the desk and saw the ink spreading. The islander sat up and got up from her seat to take the expensive fan off of the table even though Norman had moved it out of hazards way. “Thank you for moving my fan at least, a kind gesture indeed” she nodded finally coming down from the metaphorical high horse of frustration over her countries state.

”Calm down. Deep breaths there is no need to hurry, its not like I am the queen” she stated while watching the man move about trying to get his desk in order it seemed. “My apologize for taking out my frustration over the state of my country out on you. Perha-“ 

Her words were stopped by the sound of the man trying to say Hawaiian which brought the royal into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. So much so that the woman sat down in the chair gripping the arms of the chair as she tried to reel back in her composure, cheeks hurting from being brought to a laughing smile, her face unredding as her long curly black hair swayed. “H-A-W-A-I-I-A-N” she managed to get the words out now with a much calmer smile. 

The woman looked at the man with a smile seemingly thinking. “As I was saying, perhaps I could make up for throwing a hissy fit a moment ago over some tea and chicken long rice this weekend?” She stated wanting to apologize.

67 Posts
3 Threads

Norman listened to her pronounce the word properly and smiled slightly at his own muddled attempt. He managed to scribble most of that down and would look the rest up in a dictionary later. He listened to her offer.

"I am not sure my employer would - " He began to say, then stopped. Come on, man! how often do you get to have dinner with royalty?!! "Actually, that sounds charming."

67 Posts
3 Threads

Norman couldn't get his meeting with Miss MacKenzie off his mind and focus on his sums. Her exotic looks, the way she carried herself. He wistfully recalled her fleeting touch on his hand, her comments on his bachelor-ness. Very forward these Amer- No. He chided himself. Remember, it's Hey-why-ann. These Hey-why-ann women. He looked down at the his earlier scrawl Hawaiian.

"Garrow!" came a bellow from the private office, filling the air of the quiet shop. Norman wasted no time in hurrying to the door, for he lived in fear.

"Where is the MacKenzie paperwork? The American women?"

"There were mistakes in the paperwork, sir. She wouldn't sign it unless they were corrected."

"Mistakes? What sort of mistakes?" the boss's eyes narrowed.

"Miss MacKenzie objected to the word American; something to do with politics."

Norman could have sworn he heard his boss mutter something about foreigners.. He wasn't the most charitable man.

"She can be a citizen of the moon fer all I care! I want these papers signed and on my desk immediately."

Norman nodded and retreated.