Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] It's Gonna Be a Train Wreck [Railway Station]

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Joined the Army while we were at school in York. Settled somewhere in Bristol, last I heard of 'im." Tobias replied. They were almost outside the town when he stopped the wagon in front of a drapery. "I just have to pick something up. Do you remember how to mind horses?"

108 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 6 feet
Alias: BlackAck

Nate remembered horses all too well, his father had made him muck out their stalls on the farm in his youth. Smelly beasts they were, well suited for the glue pot.

"I'm sure it'll come back to me."

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias nodded, hopped off and disappeared into the shop.

As soon as the door closed behind him, a small voice rose from behind Nate: "Please forget owt I said. I swear I'll not to owt to end t' marriage. Ye said I can't anyway. So please don't tell 'im."

108 Posts
2 Threads

Nate held the reins loosely and answered the small fearful voice.

"Don't worry, Anne. I'm not telling my brother about what you said. If ye haven't guessed, we don't get along. What you said.. well i's between ye an' me forever."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne felt the tension leave of her body as he said that. She sighed a sigh of relief. "Thank you," she said, and she meant it.

The horses were restless and one made a small step forward.

108 Posts
2 Threads

Nate pulled back on the set of reins for the horse that had moved to remind the creature to keep still.

629 Posts
22 Threads

The horse stepped back and shifted, shook its head, then stepped forward again nervously, as if it sensed that it was being minded by an unfamiliar hand.

Anne did not want to insult the man, but her fingers twisted around the edges of the cart, just in case...

108 Posts
2 Threads

Nate again pulled on the reigns to once more quiet the beast. He was sorely out of practice with equines, but Nate supposed that would soon change.

629 Posts
22 Threads

While the man was distracted by the horses, Anne took the opportunity to observe him and reflect on what he had said. Now that her initial worry was gone, she was dreadfully curious as to why the two brothers didn't get along. They looked alike, but she could already tell from her short interaction with him that this Mr. Appleton was quite different from his brother. But she wondered if that was all there was to it. She couldn't ask, though.

Tobias returned, carrying a paper packaged under his arm. He put it in the back on the wagon. "There we go," he said, as he climbed back on. "Sorry. The mare is a little nervous. Thought she was a bargain, but should have known something was off. I think she's been ill-treated. She jumps easily," he explained, because of course farming topics were of interest to his brother.

108 Posts
2 Threads

"She pulls a wagon well enough. Suppose that's what matters. So... is yer wife feeling better?" Nate asked trying to avoid the farm talk and stick to easier subjects. The wagon lurched forward and they were off again.