Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Love of a Mother [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

205 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'4"

"She has been a little angel most of today," she said, then gave a soft smile down to the babe. It was clear she loved Emma. "I think she'll make it just fine now with a little help from her friends." She took the glass back up and sipped, then cradled it with one hand. Iris was just starting to think she had needed Emma just as much as Emma needed her... for the woman was in much better spirits since moving into the farm house.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias drank some of his brandy while she spoke, the liquid comfortably warming his throat. "I'm glad to hear that," he replied. "And you, Mrs. Carpenter? Have you been comfortable enough?"

205 Posts
6 Threads

"I have been comfortable, thank you." She offered a winsome smile before sipping at the brandy again. Her gaze shifted back to the babe and she murmured, "To tell the truth... I sometimes do wish for adult company like right now, but I have needed to rest more than anything. I am still not yet healed."

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Ah, well..." he started awkwardly. "I'm afraid I'm rather dull company, and my wife is still too poorly to see anyone... But perhaps once she is better you will get along." Tobias knew that was very unlikely to happen, but he was still determined to pretend everything was normal.

205 Posts
6 Threads

"What is she like?" she asked softly, not knowing much about the conflict other than what she had just overheard. She looked at him, her eyes studious, her expression curious. The redhead tilted her head toward the right to indicate she was listening and paying attention. Her hand idly rubbed at the chubbier little belly.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Well that suddenly made things uncomfortable. Tobias wasn't sure how to answer. "She erm..." he looked down at his glass to avoid eye contact. "She's ill... at the moment. Not just physically. It's the nerves." And she had been ill since he had married her, and probably before that, Tobias had discovered. Ill in the head, or the soul, or whatever. But nobody had told him in advance. That, or she was just the most obstinate and ungrateful girl he had ever met. And nobody had told him that in advance either. So really, he didn't know what she was like 'normally', because there had never been a normal. But it was embarrassing to admit that. "She's from Whitby. A fishing family, originally."

205 Posts
6 Threads

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that," she said softly. She wanted to reach out and touch his arm in a show of comfort, but that would have been awkward too. "Well... I... will be sure to pray for your wife, Mr. Appleton." It was a shame that the man had to deal with a sick wife, he had her sympathies. "I will make sure to take good care of your Emma for a time..." it hurt to say but it had to be said, she knew she wouldn't be there forever... as much as she wanted to claim the babe as her own.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias looked up at her and nodded in gratitude. "Thank you, Mrs. Carpenter. Where was it you're from again?"

205 Posts
6 Threads

"I was born elsewhere in Yorkshire," she said, "but I've lived in Whitby itself for the last year or so." She nodded and sipped, once again, at the amber liquid. She was starting to feel a little flushed from the alcohol but only just.

744 Posts
16 Threads

"What did you think of Whitby?" he asked, trying to make conversation - something Tobias always had to do rather consciously and rather self-aware. Another reason to be having a drink tonight.