or Register?

[Complete] Bert Goes to Court [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

144 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Beat's by Bert
Height: 6 feet 3
Alias: BlackAck

The day was crisp and Bert was smartly turned out in his civilian Sunday best: a worn brown suit, coordinating flat cap, and a borrowed red tie of a deep shade.  In the close communal environment of the section house - the name given to the police-owned property that accommodated unmarried officers - Bert had taken a fair amount of ribbing for his attire and obviously blossoming love life.  Some of his colleagues lewdly told Bert where he should be sticking his truncheon, Bert replied to his fellows where they could shove theirs.

His practiced amble slowed as he checked addresses, then he spied crates on the pavement and frowned as he doublechecked the address on the card she had given him.
When constabulary duty's to be done...

102 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: She/her/hers
Height: 5'1"

She came out of the house with a crate in her arms, placing it in the waiting wagon. When she saw Bert, she lit up like the sun. "Constable! How good ta see ye! I was about ta send ye a message before I left. I've such good news! The Vaughn family has hired me on and I am movin' to their property." She actually pulled the letter out for him and waved it. "Oh, don't ye look handsome?" she said softly for his ears only.

144 Posts
5 Threads

Bert blushed at her compliment and bristled slightly at having to show emotion in public, fighting his mouth from forming a smile. He lost.

"The Vaughn family?" Bert asked. he searched his mental list of Ne'er-do-wells: the Valentine gang, Anthony Rowe, the entire Longbottom family... No Vaughns. If he didn't know them for felonious activity, why did that name sound familiar? "Where 'ave I 'eard of them before?"

102 Posts
0 Threads

"T'ey own some of t'e carriages around town and t'ey breed horses," she smiled and tilted her head, admiring the way he had smiled. "T'ey are so very lovely and kind. Not at all like the Carrington family, barrin' Miss Pearl, of course. She was kind ta me whenever I saw her. But the rest of em?" She shook her head. "Tis fer the best!"

144 Posts
5 Threads

Ah yes, horses. That's where Bert had heard the name in the newspaper on the pages that covered sports. There had been a horse a while back that had won a race, bred by the family.

"That's good. Do ye need a 'and with yer things?"

102 Posts
0 Threads

"If ye want ta help, I wouldn't say 'nay,'" she said softly, her smile slow as she peered at him. Lord, she thought, he was a handsome fella. She said, "I've just got a few crates left ta pack, I don't have much of me own t'ings ta move." Indeed, there were only a few crates in the cart so far.

144 Posts
5 Threads

"I'll 'elp." Bert answered, ever the knight-in-shining armour. He removed his jacket and cap, tucked his tie into his shirt, and began to roll up his sleeves.

102 Posts
0 Threads

It didn't take long at all between the two of them and Mr. Vaughn's helper for the cart to be loaded. "If ye could take it ta the ranch and I will move t'e crates when I get t'ere?" She asked the man, who gave a nod and was soon off. She turned to Bert who was looking rather handsome to her, and she gave a soft smile. "I t'ank ye fer yer help, Constable." That was like a purr on her tongue.

She was sure going to feed his ego, "Not sure what I would have done wit'out ye and yer muscle."

144 Posts
5 Threads

The compliments pleased Bert, who puffed out his chest. He closed his eyes briefly lest his self satisfaction leak out, the corners of his slight smile tickling his moustache.

"T'was no bother, Mrs O'Connor."

102 Posts
0 Threads

She bit her lip and then said lightly, "Ye may call me Delilah if ye wish." Her eyes were now soft as they peered at his face and the ensuing grin on his lips. He had nice lips, she thought.