Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Work training [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

170 Posts
4 Threads

Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=454
Height: 5'1"

Nat looked at Jenny's face intently, as if trying to be sure the other young woman was being truthful with her.  Finally, thinking she had found the time to let her secret be shared with at least one person.  "Nat is my nickname from when I was a toddler.  My full name is Natalia.  Jenny, I am actually 19 years old.  I am a girl, not a boy."  She paused watching Jenny's face to see how her friend would take the information.

67 Posts
0 Threads

Jenny's eyes were soft as she watched the boy struggle with whatever it was that was weighing on him. Her head was tilted a little, as if to show him she was listening. But as Nat spoke, her eyes grew big and her eyebrows traveled up. She withdrew her hands, stood up and stepped away. She looked at Nat with a mixture of confusion and horror.

170 Posts
4 Threads

Nat realized then that she had lost the possible friend.  She should not have told her.  She felt tears that have not fallen in many years filled in her eyes.  She struggled to hold them back as she got up and moved toward the door.  She figured she would need to get her sack and blankets and head down the road back toward Whitby.  She just knew she had blown it.

67 Posts
0 Threads

She watched Nat in confusion as he, no, she got up and headed for the door. She was conflicted. She had seen the tears in Nat's eyes, and some part of her felt sorry. But at the same time, she had no idea who this person was and she felt hurt that the boy she had just comforted and befriended didn't exist.

"Nat!" She finally called out. "Ye must tell Mr. Appleton. Straight away."

170 Posts
4 Threads

Nat looked over from the door.  "He will send me away.  I am going to get my things now.  I don't want to see him angry at me or strike me over it.  I will head to Whitby and live as I have been.  This was a bad idea.  A dream to work in such a place."  She replied.

67 Posts
0 Threads

"Mr. Appleton would never strike a woman!" Jenny defended her master fiercely. "Anyway, ye can't leave without at least tellin' 'im t' truth yerself and sayin' bye. 'E was good to ye, and it was ye who deceived 'im!"

170 Posts
4 Threads

She gave Jenny a look.  The sadness and some fear were clearly there.  "I'm afraid to."  Her voice trembled.  She was brave in how she lived out in the streets but outing herself as a woman and living as a woman, though she wanted to, still scared her.

He thought of how Jimmy had told the man the truth when challenged by Mr. Appleton.  Jimmy had told the truth and had not been beaten.  So, that was likely not something that the man would do, especially when he knew she was a woman.  However, what did it mean for her future here or even in Whitby when he sent her away?

She thought about it a bit longer.  It was the right thing to say now that it was out.  It should come from her, not Jenny.  "I suppose I should, but I'll get my things gathered to be ready to go.  I have liked meeting you and getting to know you.  It has been nice."  She was still sure it would be ended with this truth.  It just wasn't her kind of luck.

"When do you think he will be back?"  She asked.

67 Posts
0 Threads

"I don't know. I don't think it should be long. 'e sleeps early," said the young girl. She cast her eyes down. "It would 'ave been nice to get to know ye."

170 Posts
4 Threads

She nodded.  Then at that last part of what Jenny said, Nat gave a surprised expression.  "I thought you must hate me now."  The reaction earlier had seemed to indicate that to Nat.

67 Posts
0 Threads

Jenny pressed her lips together and avoided Nat's eyes. "I don't hate ye. I don't hate, it's wrong. But I'm disappointed ye tricked us, and the boy I met doesn't exist..."

There was the noise of a door opening and closing upstairs. "Off ye go packin'. I'm sure Mr. Appleton won't be long. I need to see to Mrs. Appleton." And she fled the kitchen.