Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Things you read in the newspaper [Market, Shops and Spas]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

To him, the employer was responsible for his employees and tenants.  However, he had grown up from a long line of Lairds to the land/people.  It was just part of him, and he had seen how it was different for other families and people especially outside the highlands.  However, he had not found out how Tristan felt about such things. 

He thought a moment.  "If yu cannae be safe with Dr. Wells, yu could come work for me.  I 'ave a cook and two servants that are strong enough and protective enough of me that I am sure they would keep an eye on yu, as well, when I am nae 'ome or if yu wanted tae gae away from the 'ouse.  There are two servant rooms upstairs that the men are using but they could share one of them and let yu 'ave the second one.  The cook lives with 'er own family.  But yu could clean and assist 'er in the kitchen if yu need the job."  He also that might allow Pip to learn a bit more about cooking.  She wasn't bad, but it could have been better.

Though he wondered how that would go with Tristan.  He did not like keeping this from his friend as this was the doctor's employee.  "Though I would require that I get a lawyer of mine involved in yur situation tae see what could be found oot aboot what is being done legally for yu.  The goal would be tae get yu set up tae be independent and safe."

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

"Dr. Wells has been kind to me..." most of the time. But now there was more complexity to it. She took a deep breath and looked at him tiredly. "I don't want to run anymore," she said ever so softly, "But I have noone... I can trust noone. It's better that way, that I don't become your friend or his." Her eyes were bright now. "And I will not be followed every where I go either." Her closely guarded secret was about to unravel, it seemed. She backed up a step and took hold of one of her arms.

"If I let you become my friend, if I let him..." She wasn't sure if she was referring to Tris or Vik in that moment. "If I trust you, you'll leave me too." She didn't really hear herself anymore, she was starting to feel just lethargic. "I cannot do it again. Better he finds me."
[Image: Pippa1.png]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas spoke firmly, "Dinna be talking like that lass.  Yur life is important.  Yu canna dae this alone.  Yu 'ave my offer, but I willnae beg.  If yu willna try tae move forward with life, then I cannae make yu dae it.  Just know that yu already 'ave people that care aboot yu.  People think yu are worth 'elping and worth living a safe life."  He paused not angry nor upset.  He just knew it had to be determined by the other person no matter how much you wanted to help them.  "It is up tae yu."

327 Posts
9 Threads

"You'll die too..." she whispered, "Please... I..." She wanted to go home... not to her place with Tristan, but back to Boston. A few tears dribbled down her cheeks. "I couldn't bear someone else to die because of me or my choices."

280 Posts
8 Threads

He moved over closer to her and put an arm around her again to comfort her.  "It is the person doing this that is the one that causes it.  It is that person's choice to do evil.  Yu did nae make this person evil.  Yu dinna 'ave a bit of guilt on what 'appened tae yur family.  Yu focus on that.  As for me or Dr. Wells, well I think yu should leave that tae us.  I can take care of myself, but even if something were tae 'appen tae me, it would nae be yur fault.  Again, it would be the evil in this person."  He said soothingly.  "We are oot on the sidewalk, 'ow aboot coming tae my cottage.  I prefer yu talk tae the doctor, but at least lets get oot of the public, aye?"

327 Posts
9 Threads

"We can talk to Dr. Wells. I cannot do this anymore. I'm tired." She closed her eyes and tried to ignore the pull he had. Confusion trickled in and she looked up at him, her brow puckered. She fought the urge to lay her head on his shoulder, needing that comfort he gave so willingly. She sighed and pulled away eventually, putting some distance between them.

280 Posts
8 Threads

He let her pull away feeling she was feeling a bit more stable.  Nodding he waved the driver that had not gone far thinking the young woman might need the ride after all.  The carriage moved over to where they were and Douglas opened the door again and extended his hand to assist Pip up inside.  "Tae the address I gave you earlier please, sir."