Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Making amends [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben closed the door and looked at Anne. Then he stepped in between her and the Earl, for she looked frightened. What had this bastard done? "What happened?" he demanded to know.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

Douglas cleared his throat embarrassedly.  "I 'ad a lot more tae drink the night before, Sir."  It was honest, just not all the trust.  The man need not know of Douglas's private health issues.  Though it was enough to explain the situation. 

"I was not myself nor was I in a state that a lady should be seeing me."  He wasn't sure how to describe it.  "She apparently came in on time tae work and I was still there in the main room less than covered."  He managed to explain, with embarrassment in his tone.  "The other staff got the lass oot, right quickly, I am made to understand, but it was quite a shock for 'er.  Thus, I wanted to be sure to personally check in on 'er and apologize."

He looked to Anne.  "I do most fervently apologize for what yu 'ave experienced, lass.  I woold understand if yu are nae wishing tae work for my 'ousehold after this.  Yu will receive a full month's wages all the same, but shoold yu want tae continue working, I would double the wages and ask for yu tae come in Monday, Wednesdays, and Saturdays if that would be in agreement.  But either choice, it is up tae yu, with nae problems from me.  If yu choose tae nae stay in my employ, there will be that month of wages and a proper letter of good words tae 'elp in finding another position."  He assured her.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Anne didn't get a chance to make a choice, or earn extra wages, or get a good reference. Ben turned white in the face while he listened, and then red, and then despite his old age and the fact that Douglas was taller and stronger, he jumped him. "Ye bastard!" he said as he dealt a blow."

Anne shrieked and jumped to her feet.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas had figured that he would be deserving a lashing from the family, so had not defended himself as he saw the father's leap.  He took the hit in his jaw.  Ben had a strong punch and Douglas stepped back a few paces but didn't fall.  He was a strong man himself and knows how to give a good fight himself, should he wish to.  Though he did not do so at this time.  He had been in the wrong and knew it, despite the episode was not his fault.  He should have somehow have protected the lass.  He stood there expecting more punches.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben punched again, but then his daughter ran forward and tried to pull him away.

"Please, da, no! Stop it!" she cried.

But Ben pushed her back hard. "I'm not through with you either!" he shouted, before turning back to the unwelcome visitor. "Get out of here ye bastard, before I kill ye! Keep yer damn money and don't ever come near my daughter again!"

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas frowned seeing Anne shoved back.  He deserved the beating, but the girl did not.  He couldn't stand seeing a woman abused by a man.  "The lass did nothing wrong, Sir.  This is on me and my drinking.  My error, nae 'ers."  He looked to Anne.  "The choice is yurs, lass.  It stands.  Though I will leave, as it is yur 'ome.  Again, my apology, lass."  He gave a light bow in Anne's direction and then turned his back to Mr. Ward as he headed out the door.  He figured if the lass wanted the money and letter, she could have it.  She had choices and looking at how the man had treated his daughter, Douglas thought the lass could use some other options.  In his opinion, anyway.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben slammed the door shut after Douglas.

Some of the fisher people looked at the gentleman with the bashed up face and looks were exchanged.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas headed on heading back home.  He was upset and not just about the episode but about how he had seen the lass treated.  But his head was hurting again.  The fisherman had laid in a solid strike his jaw hurt like hell.  If it had been a different kind of situation, Douglas would have given back a solid fight back.  However, he knew he deserved this.  Douglas wondered what the man would think if he knew that he had hit an Earl.  The police could have been called in.

Let the man find out, Douglas thought.  Let that sink in and worry about the consequences.  Douglas wouldn't do it, as he still felt he deserved it and more.  He ignored those around him for the most part as his mind was on trying to figure out what had caused the episode.  He was nearby the last memories that he had before it all went black.  He got closer to where some that he had known lived and visited with.  Still, nothing brought his memories back.   Whatever it had been was gone or hidden.  His head was really hurting, so he greeted a few friends, but went on home to lay back down and find something to put on his jaw.