or Register?

[Complete] A Letter to the Blackes
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

Dear Mister and Missus Blacke,

I realize that we haven't had the pleasure of meeting and I promise we will soon rectify that. I want to explain to you from my point of view what happened. I know Joe and I have not done things according to what society thinks should be, nor, perhaps, you. I can assure you, though, that I truly love him and I promise that I will do my all to make him happy.

You see, it wasn't his fault that he lost his job, it was my brother's. I was upset the day I returned home from London, and Joe happened to be there and all he did was offer his hand. What made me fall in love with him was the fact that he stood up to Robert, and not many would do such a thing. My family is not exactly the greatest family in the world. Robert went behind my father's back to complain and get him fired.

I tried to right the wrong by going to my father, and my father offered him a job. My father gave him permission to court me too. But with all that has been happening, I fear we couldn't have gotten married unless we eloped... So we did. By the time you get this letter, we'll be well on our way home from the inn where we spent our first night as man and wife.

I am sorry that we deceived everyone by doing so, but our love might never be accepted if we did not do what we did.

Please don't hate me and don't be angry at him...

Sincere Regards,
Pearl Blacke