Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Work is more fun with your gal by your side [Market, Shops and Spas]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

He chuckled.  "I'd say so.  And as to the date, as soon as you get a wedding dress, and I get with Miss Cora and Mrs. Pearson about a wedding, we can make you Mrs. Vaughn."  His eyes sparkled with the idea of it.  "Heidi is excited to be a flower girl.  I hope that is okay with you.  I think she remembered the one from the wedding of our friends wedding."

"I haven't asked if you wanted a church wedding or not.  There are some lovely ones here in Whitby.  I don't even know what your faith is."  He gave her a curious look.  "I'm Christian myself."  He added figuring he should let her know as well.  So many things still to learn about each other, he thought.  He was looking forward to the lifetime ahead.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

"I just... want a small weddin' in the garden, perhaps. I'm not particularly religious but was baptized Catholic." She said and sighed, "Whatever ye want is what I want, ta be honest, Lorn." His name was like a caress on her tongue. Ahhh, but she was falling faster and further in love with the man she had gotten to know over several months time. "I just wish me brother was around ta see it, that this time was right and proper and..." she sighed again.

She wrapped her arm around his and set her chin on his shoulder momentarily, then she looked into those eyes of his, those lovely blues. She wanted to kiss him, not caring that they were right there for the world to see, but she refrained from doing so and soon moved to simply settle for hand holding.

There was part of her that wished he would take her home and do things with her that weren't so proper.

169 Posts
5 Threads

He nodded.  "The garden perhaps?  I think it would have a section for some chairs and for us to stand in the front around the flowers if you like that?  As for Catholic, I am fine with that, though will we be able to get a priest since I am not of that faith?"  He wanted Heidi to learn about the Bible but make her own choices when she got old enough.  He wasn't so great about the idea of babies being able to have sins at birth.  So, they would have to decide that once they had their own children, but there was time for that.

"Do you know where your brother is now?"  He asked wondering if it could be arranged.  Though he wouldn't tell her his idea, just in case it didn't work out.  When she hugged his arm, he kissed the top of her head.  "Things will be okay, Sunshine.   I will be doing everything I can to make you and our family secure and happy."

The clerk came back and handed Karen what would be needed to bill to her account.  The coins he handed to Lorn.  "There you have it.  If there is anything else you need please let me know, Mr. Vaughn, and Miss Calloway."  He was pleasant and quite polite.  What might have been said back with the secretaries was something else.

Lorn stood up and shook the man's hand.  "I think that is all for now, thank you."  He then raised his hand to assist Karen off the chair.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She gave a wan smile at that and said, "I am sure we can find someone... Not that Father Kemble, or whatever his name is. I've heard he isn't so easy ta work with." Her eyes were bright as he seemed to like the idea of the garden wedding. Her mouth curled up and she squeezed his hand.

When it came to her brother, she shook her head. "Nay, I think he left town, truth be told, and will probably ne'er be back. I'm not going ta look fer him either, let 'im stew." She had a sad smile for that one.

As for the clerk, she eyed the man but was not concerned with what was or wasn't said behind her back. She was blissfully unaware for the moment. She took the paper in question and smiled, "Thank ye."

She stood when Lorn offered a hand to help her up.

169 Posts
5 Threads

At that information about her brother, Lorn nodded.  He wanted her happy but if the man came back to town, Lorn would make a point to meet the man.  He wanted the man to know that Karen was going to be happy and if the brother wanted to be a part of that he was welcome to, but if he would make trouble he would be kicked out with no boots out on the road.  There were some very creative ways to deal with problems back in Texas.

Lorn walked with Karen and at the door out to the sidewalk, he looked around.  "Now, let's look at that address for the seamstress.  I can't see what you get for your wedding dress of course, but I would like for her to make you a few dresses as soon as possible.  It's time for you to wear colors, Sunshine.  And could you pick out some dresses for Heidi?  I think she would like someone other than the nanny and definitely not me picking out some more girly clothing.  I think she would wear the jeans and shirts I got for her to work at the stables all the time if I let her."  He chuckled as he looked at the address.

He indicated with his free hand.  "I think it is this way."  He indicated the street the groom had spoke of.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Aye..." she said in regards to finding clothes for her daughter-to-be, and she said, "But I would need help from them ta figure out which colors work the best with me face." Certainly scarlet red. She would look very pretty in red, that was something she wasn't thinking about at that moment.

As they went off in search of this shop, she said, "Can we stop for some Scotch eggs before too long? I've a hankerin' for em, and haven't had em in several months. Of course, I can make em meself but... I like em better from the street vendor."

169 Posts
5 Threads

When it came to clothing, he trusted Karen to know the best things on that.  Between Karen and the seamstress, he was sure the clothing was in good hands.  He looked around for a vendor when she spoke of Scotch eggs.  "There should be someone around here nearby."  He replied as they got closer to the markets and shops areas.  "There," he pointed to some vendors across the street as they turned a corner.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She smiled at the mere smell of the Scotch eggs as they were cooking. Her mouth watered as they moved over to the vendor and she gestured, "One is enough fer me. If ye haven't tried this, ye ought to." She grinned and ordered one for her and one for him, paying with money she had in her small coin purse. The vendor handed them over in some parchment paper and she offered one of them to him to try, then took a large, unladylike bite of the sausage wrapped boiled egg.

169 Posts
5 Threads

Lorn was almost always hungry, and the smell of the sausage definitely interested him.  He watched her get the wrapped items and then nodded.  "It smells good that is for sure."  He took it and opened it carefully, as it was hot, and then took a bite. 

"Mmm oh yeah."  He managed around the bite he was chewing.  Giving her a look and a nod of approval.  Once finishing that bite, he continued.  "I think we need to have these for the guys at the stables for lunch or snacks or well just have them around so I can have them."  He grinned taking another bite.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Good?" she asked with a grin. Indeed, the Scotch eggs were delicious, especially the ones from this vendor. She made a mental note to get his recipe for the sausage, as it was so good. She was about to finish her egg several minutes later when she heard her name, "Mrs. Calloway!" She turned to see one of her old neighbor's little boys waving frantically at her until his father gave a sharp reprimand, "We don't talk to women like her, son. Come on."

Her heart fell and so did her face. She looked to Lorn with the hurt of a thousand knives stabbing her, it was written across her expression.