Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Lottie on the Warpath [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Alias: BlackAck

"As a mother -" Lottie began, with emphasis on the word 'mother' "I would make sure my daughter had clothes that fit her proper. I'm not talkin' fancy frocks 'ere. Failin' ta do such a basic task as that, leads me to think ye don't love 'er as much ye say ye do."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben's eyebrows knitted together. There was spite in Lottie's words and he couldn't remember that from her. "Yer bein' cruel. I didn't know. I couldn't 'ave known." He put his work down, for he was too frustrated to do anything.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Ben's accusation hurt her

"But did ye ask her? This is nowt just about frocks or corsets, did ye take time to ask her how she's doin'? Physical like with frocks, but with feelin' too? Life is 'ard fer ye fishers well I know. Your Anne was carryin' the weight of yer fam in 'er head. She's too young fer that."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I know she's not been well," said Ben. "It's her sister gettin' married. She was very close with Alice and she misses 'er a lot. But I cannot do owt to change that, can I? That's growin' up."

325 Posts
3 Threads

"Ye can talk to 'er. Yer 'er father. Ye much better placed than I to talk te 'er about growin' up. So the world ain't so bloody cruel to 'er! Don't wait afore it's too late." Lottie said. What she did not finish saying was "like me own kids."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I do talk to 'er!" Ben said, raising his voice. "I told 'er that's life and its for the best and she needs to learn to be on 'er own. But if you're such a bloody expert, why don't you talk to her?"

325 Posts
3 Threads

"I DO talk to her!" Lottie fired back with equal loudness "How the bloody 'ell do ye think I found out about yer Alice and abut Anne's feelin'?" No man was going to shout her down. "Live on yer own?! Utter rubbish! A young woman should stand tall, Yes; her back straight.. not broken in fear, and friendless the way I've seen Anne. Year a sour old goat, ye are Ben Ward!"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"It's not my fault she's shy and doesn't make friends!" Ben shouted back. "Who are ye to come tell me how I should parent when yer own has just come home with a bairn and no husband!"

325 Posts
3 Threads

"True, but none of my kids 'ave gone to the gallows!"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben sat there, very still, his beard and nose twitching, while he drew in a shaky breath. His hand trembled. "Get out," he said in a low, quiet voice.