Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Finding a good match for the Vaughn family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

14 Posts
0 Threads

"Oh yes.  It is an important job.  Daddy says I will need to teach them the names of all the horses and the cows and the chickens....and..."

The nanny chuckled and then gave an apology in her expression.  "I'll get this one to her nap.  Sorry for the disruption." 

Heidi gave a frown but didn't argue as Nanny took her hand and walked her back up into the house.

Mrs. Pearson laughed softly.  "Mr. Vaughn is in for a lot of trouble with that one.  She is as mad of the horses as he is though."  She started walking on after the nanny and the child.  "We all have found her sneaking out there from time to time.  So, just bring her back to Nanny or if Mr. Vaughn is there at the stable, sometimes he'll take her with him."

102 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: She/her/hers
Height: 5'1"

"She is adorable," said the Irishwoman with a broad smile. "I wish I had one o' me own, trut' be told." She chuckled and then sighed dreamily. Perhaps the good constable would give her one, one of these days. Now she was day dreaming. "I'll be sure ta give her over ta the nanny or her da, as you say."

14 Posts
0 Threads

At the door to the kitchen, Mrs. Pearson opened the door and Miss Cora was inside working on the coming meal.  She looked up and smiled.  "Well, there you two are.  Find everything okay with the tour?"  Her niece had told her that Delilah had been hired.

102 Posts
0 Threads

She smiled, "It was lovely, t'ank ye." Ahh, she was so excited to start a new chapter in her life. First, she'd come to Whitby, then she had met the constable, and now she had a new job after losing her last one.

4 Posts
0 Threads

"Good.  Good.  I was making myself some tea, do you two have time for some with me?"  She was hoping to get to know this new maid herself.

Mrs. Pearson glanced at Delilah.  "If you would like to, we are done.  I would love a cup myself.  Though if you want to get back to town before the seamstress closes for the day, you might be able to get there."  She glanced at her broach which was a small timepiece.    It took about an hour and a half to get to town by carriage and longer of course if walking.

102 Posts
0 Threads

She gave a light nod and said, "I'll go first t'ing in t'e morn ta t'e seamstress, I happen ta be friends wit' her." Delilah gave a slight smile at that, looking a bit overwhelmed at the moment. She grinned then, "I wouldn't mind a cuppa eit'er."

4 Posts
0 Threads

Miss Cora smiled brightly.  "That sets it then.  Sit yourselves down and I will bring it to the table there."  She became all busy quickly getting the cups and some biscuits on a plate.  Mrs. Pearson brought over the cream, sugar, and spoons, as Miss Cora sat the cups out. 

"How old are you Miss Delilah?"  Miss Cora asked as she went back to pour some hot water into a teapot. "I am a busybody, just to let you know."  She chortled happily as she brought the teapot over to sit it down.

"That she is."  Mrs. Pearson laughed.  "Just tell her to mind her own business when she pushes too much, we all do."  She joked, well sort of joked, as she sat down.

102 Posts
0 Threads

"I am twenty-nine," she said, "soon ta be t'irty." The blonde tilted her head and then gave a winning smile whilst she watched the goings on. She gave a belly laugh at the comment about being a busy body. "I understand how it is." A grin played at her lips and she reached out and touched the arm of the nearest person in a slight manner, nothing more than a friendly gesture.

4 Posts
0 Threads

Miss Cora smiled back and nodded.  "You will get along quite well here, I am thinking." 

Mrs. Pearson nodded.  "That was my thought, Cora."  Mrs. Pearson nodded.  The older women had become dear friends over the years working there for Mr. Vaughn.  "And she has a beau that will be visiting from time to time as well, so if you see someone lost, he might not just be around here for the horses."

Miss Cora raised a brow and poured the tea for each of the ladies before one for herself.  "Oh now, is that so?  Do tell us about him."  She requested sitting down and indicating the biscuits for each to take a few.

102 Posts
0 Threads

Delilah smiled with a little bit of a blush as she pictured Albert in his uniform, or in that suit. He'd cut a fine figure indeed, she thought. "He be Constable Hailey," she said with a dreamy sigh, "I bumped into him at Mr. Willaby's bakery, we shared a tart when he saved me pastries from being ruined on the floor. I do have a sweet tooth, ye ken? And he was very sweet." She giggled behind her hand.

"I hope I see more of him, trut' be told."