Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Finding a good match for the Vaughn family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

14 Posts
0 Threads

Mrs. Pearson nodded as they headed back toward the main house.  "You can grow whatever you need there in the cottage yard."  She replied.  "A lot of us do.  I just like having them close to my own kitchen and some lovely flowers as well."  She admitted.

102 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: She/her/hers
Height: 5'1"

"Aye, I like t'at too. It's nice ta be able ta provide fer yerself." She smiled as they began to walk back toward the main house. "I have an affinity fer lilacs. Wonder if I can get a hold of some soon." She sighed through her nose.

14 Posts
0 Threads

"Talk to the head gardener.  He would be the one to ask about that."  She replied.  "He's the one that brought that flower garden back to life.  When I first got the job, it was a tangle and look at it now."  She smiled as they got closer to the main flower garden.

102 Posts
0 Threads

"I could get lost in t'e garden," she admitted as they approached it, "twould be a good place fer a weddin, wouldn't it?"

14 Posts
0 Threads

Mrs. Pearson nodded.  "I believe that is the plan.  We haven't had the big planning meeting with Mrs. Calloway yet, but I've already started looking at the various linens to use and Mr. Tinkerman is getting the chairs all cleaned up."

102 Posts
0 Threads

"Ooh, so lovely." She grinned, "Mrs. Calloway has good taste." Her smile was cheeky. She looked over to the older woman and tilted her head.

14 Posts
0 Threads

As they got behind the main garden and toward the path to the kitchen, Mrs. Pearson chuckled thinking of their employer.  "That indeed.  In many choices."  About then a little blond girl came running toward them.

"Oh, I think we have an escapee."  Mrs. Pearson grinned.  "This will be Miss Heidi."   When the little girl saw the two women, she slowed down and paused.  She wore a little light blue dress and her hair was curly around her shoulders with a matched blue ribbon just across her forehead.

"And where are you going, Miss Heidi?"

"I wanted to see horses."

"I see.  Well, we have a new maid, how about you meet her.  This is Miss Delilah."

Heidi looked at Delilah with a polite and curious look with blue eyes just so much like her father's.  "Hello."  She paused getting a look from Mrs. Pearson.  "Hello, Miss Dellala.  I am Heidi.  It is nice to meet you."

102 Posts
0 Threads

She chuckled as she saw the little girl. It was too bad she didn't have a little girl of her own, she thought with a slight smile. Heidi was very pretty, too, and reminded her a little of her father. She moved to get to the girl's level, all the way down to her knees and gave a kindly smile, "Tis a pleasure ta meet ye, Miss Heidi," she said. "Are ye sure ye should be lookin' ta find the horses wit'out yer da taggin' along, wee one?"

14 Posts
0 Threads

Heidi's expression made it clear that she was not supposed to be there by herself.  "Daddy is in his study room and the nanny was not there."  She looked at Mrs. Pearson with a shameful expression.  "I'm supposed to be at nap.  But the horses need me."

About then the nanny came out rushing then seeing Heidi her relief was clear.  "She got away from me again."  She said with a shook of her head.  "Sorry, about that Mrs. Pearson.  It's getting harder to keep her down for naps."  She then noticed Delilah. 

Heidi trying to stay out of trouble, introduced the ladies.  "This is Miss Delala the new maid, Nanny."  She then looked at Delilah, "This is Nanny.  She takes care of me and will be taking care of our twins.  I will be having a little brother and a little sister after the wedding party."

102 Posts
0 Threads

Delilah said softly, "I see, wee one." She was delighted by the little girl. She looked up to the nanny and smiled before getting back to her feet. "Are ye excited ta be a big sister?" she asked softly.