Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Finding a good match for the Vaughn family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

He smiled.  "Well, then I will turn you back over to Mrs. Pearson.  I suppose you can move in any time and start once you have your uniforms if that is okay with you?"  He asked standing up indicating the meeting with him was at an end.

102 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: She/her/hers
Height: 5'1"

"Oh yes, t'ank ye, sir!" She said this enthusiastically. She offered for another handshake, smiling big. She could cry, she was so happy at the moment. She would have to find Bert! Bert would like knowing she had a place to go now, right? At least, she would like to think so.

14 Posts
0 Threads

Lorn opened the door to the hall where Mrs. Pearson was waiting.  She smiled at the two.  "So, what do you think, Mr. Vaughn?"

He nodded.  "She is hired for a probationary week once she gets her uniforms, so go ahead and get her the funds from the household account, and give her a tour on your way to cottage #1s.  She will share the smaller one with the governess when Heidi turns 5, and another maid when we need another one after the wedding.  So, the maid will be added before the governess."  He started thinking about it.

Mrs. Pearson nodded.  "Come along to the kitchen, Mrs. O'Conner lets get you some funding for shoes and aprons.  Then I will show you where you will be living."  She smiled brightly, glad of the woman being hired.  She started walking back toward the kitchen and Lorn closed the office behind him as he went back in to do more work.

Mrs. Pearson glanced at Delilah.  "Will you need anything for the cottage?  It is furnished, but we can put anything you don't need in your room put in storage.  I have extra sheets and linens in there as well, for those that don't have their own."

102 Posts
0 Threads

"Oh no, t'ank ye," she said in regards to needing stuff for the cottage. "I don't own me home or the furniture in it, so there isn't much fer me ta move at all. I do have me own linens, though." She nodded and then smiled, "I am so happy ta be workin' fer this family. Mister Vaughn seems rather lovely ta be around. I cannot wait ta meet the soon-to-be missus."

14 Posts
0 Threads

"He and the little one are jewels.  I've been working for him since he moved here about oh, three years now.  He lost his first wife and they left everything in London and bought this property to make it up quite nicely into a prosperous breeding horse property.  Then he added along to that the arena for training horses and that stable in town for people to let their animals stay or hire a carriage while in town.  He's a very future-thinking man.  Though he works much too hard for a man of his stature."  She replied with more information about the family now that Delilah was going to be working for the family.

She went into her desk and unlocked it using the key at her hip, and pulled out an envelope that she had readied for when a maid was hired.  Closing the drawer, she locked it again and brought the envelope along with a key for the cottage.  "Here are some funding for your shoes and aprons.  The key is for the cottage.  I'll show you the way."  She smiled.

"You can move your things in whenever you want.  We can get one of the grooms to set up a wagon to help you get your things all moved.  You just tell him what to do.  The main grooms are my husband and my three boys."  She explained as she indicated the kitchen back door to head out through the property.

102 Posts
0 Threads

"I will say one t'ing, Mrs. Pearson, and t'is stays wit' ye. He sure is a handsome bloke and I t'ink the future Missus is one lucky lady." She giggled... "Is it alright if... if I have company? Ye see, I just met a fellow I'd really like ta get to know, but I want to be respectful like. He's a constable. He and I share an affinity fer sweets and t'would be a shame if I didn't get ta know him. But I just want ta know if it is alright ta be courted... Respectfully?"

She smiled at the offering of the money and the key, feeling so elated and hoping she didn't just blow it with her question.

14 Posts
0 Threads

"He is a handsome man even with that white hair of his making him seem so much older than he really is."

Mrs. Pearson led the way out the path through the back of the house pointing to the vegetable garden at the back of the house.  However, before she spoke of the garden, she gave the young widow a look. At the comments about courting, Mrs. Pearson nodded.  "As long as you are proper in your behavior, and he isn't trouble on the property, there should not be any problems.  I'll let Mr. Vaughn know to be expecting to see the man.  You should introduce the young man to Mr. Vaughn to show the propers, you know."

"This is for the main house, but you are able to use the area around the cottage to plant your own.  Anything you cook for yourself, you should either ask us to pick it up for you or go to town to get it yourself with your own money, of course.  Since we have meals here available for you, anything other than that is your responsibility."

She continued down the path behind the formal flower garden that was quite large with benches and fountains.  The hen house was on the other side of the path.  "There are usually plenty of eggs, so feel free to have a few each day if you'd like to."

102 Posts
0 Threads

She nodded, "I will be sure ta bring him around ta meet Mr. Vaughn, as ye say." She nodded. She gave a dreamy sigh as she thought of sharing a pastry with the constable.

Delilah was deighted by the garden, truth be told, and nodded absently when it came to talk about food. "T'ank ye." Her stomach growled, but her stomach was always growling. "I often bake, so I might bring some food ta the table every now and then if I make too much. After all, I am just one person and cannot eat a whole pie to meself." Oh, she could, but she tried not to.

"T'is is beautiful..."

14 Posts
0 Threads

"I am sure Miss Cora, the cook, would be glad to have you add something from time to time.  Just let her know, so she will know not to make as much of whatever you bake."  She smiled.  At the little road they came up to, she pointed up beyond the hen house.  "There is the big training area there, and beyond it is a cow barn for milking.  Again, we generally have plenty of that as well, just go ask the help there for a bucket or two."

She walked the other direction of the little road along the huge stable/arena building.  "This of course is the main stables and where there are competitions in the arena at the back of it."  When they turned the corner of the joint from the main road in front of the front of the house and this smaller road, she saw her husband coming out of the stable with one of the younger horses.

"This is the head groom, my husband, Mr. Pearson."  She smiled with obvious fondness showing for the man.  The horse was a golden color with a blond mane and tail.  "Hello there!"  She called out to her husband.  He looked up and a large smile spread over his face seeing his wife.  He lead the horse over to where the two women were.

102 Posts
0 Threads

She continued to follow Mrs. Pearson around for the rather long tour of the property, smiling the whole time. It was a whole lot of property, almost as big as the Carrington House, but a lot warmer and more inviting. She made no complaints about all the walking as she was a hard worker and used to it. Besides, she would need to know all of this stuff and eventually all of the faces of the staff. She gave a nod to the man who was Mr. Pearson and beamed charismatic-ally, "Tis a pleasure to meet ye, sir." And she watched as he brought the horse over. "Oh, what a beauty!" she exclaimed.