Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Building a narrative [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

188 Posts
3 Threads

Gareth was a little disappointed. A wayward son would make a far juicier story. "Any idea why he would have lied?

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Alias: BlackAck

Lottie shrugged. "Dunno. He's probably ashamed by it all. We're a good workin' class family, Mister Scott. My father was a sailor man and boy, my husband works for the North Eastern Railway. The Carrington's have money. They is them, we is us."

188 Posts
3 Threads

"So you disapprove of it?" he asked. Perfect. Most people loved a good set of star crossed lovers.

325 Posts
3 Threads

"If my Joe was taken by a girl, it would 'ave been nice if Joe had told me himself. The Carrington lot, in the paper, they're trouble if you ask me. I don't know what this Carrington girl sees in my Joe, this could be some poor game, using a young lad for sport. I 'ope my Joe does a lot of thinkin' afore he does anything. You young people can make foolish decisions."

188 Posts
3 Threads

Taken by a girl. He wanted to chuckle, but managed to suppress it. Right. Focus. "It might just be an innocent fling. I'm sure he's had girlfriends before, hasn't he?"

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie thought for a moment, but simply shook her head.

"he's never mentioned any girl to me. There was a girl who I could 'ave seen him court, a good 'un too, but she just married some other lad.."

188 Posts
3 Threads

Oh great. A virgin. This was getting better. A third in the game. This could be interesting. "What kind of girl, ma'm? Did Joe know her well?" He hoped so.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie dutifully answered what she considered a simple question without considering what was behind the question.

"Rose is from good Fisherfolk. We knew her family when we lived in the Cragg. Joe and 'er grew up together. We moved here, they stayed."

188 Posts
3 Threads

The Cragg. Eww. He knew vermin that had been born in more salubrious places. So that was where Joe Blacke came from. And now he was courting one of the wealthiest young ladies in town. This was solid gold. Not to mention the fact that he had a new lead. Find a recently married fisherlass 'Rose' from the Cragg.

Gareth smiled. "And a lovely bride she would have made for him, no doubt. Well, I should be on my way, but if you'd like to talk some more, Mrs. Blacke or if I can be of any help to you finding some things out," - that was, Mrs. Blacke telling him all the juicy stuff before any other reporter heard, and Gareth being the first to follow that lead - "here's my card." He stood up and handed her his card.

325 Posts
3 Threads

"Thank ye, Mister Scott. Let me see you out."

Lottie closed the front door behind him and sagged slightly against it, letting out a deep sigh.

"William Blacke, stop playin' with ye bloody trains and come 'ome. I need te talk to ye."