Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Building a narrative [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

188 Posts
3 Threads

A few weeks in which Joe and Pearl could have grown close, and possibly hunted down a serial killer together. "And you haven't heard of the Carringtons since?"

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Alias: BlackAck

"I've heard nowt about 'em. Do ye know somethin about that family and my son?" she asked.

188 Posts
3 Threads

"Well, Mrs. Blacke. I hate to be the one to inform you,"- more like, relished in it - "but it seems your son's connection with Miss Pearl is quite a bit deeper. You see, Joe was present at the brothel the night Magnus Carrington was shot dead. I'm sure you've heard about that affair. He was accompanying Miss Pearl who sought to expose her brother. After Carrington was shot, Miss Pearl clung to Joe and they seemed quite intimately acquainted. After answering questions from the police, Joe accompanied Miss Pearl home, and that is the extent of my knowledge."

325 Posts
3 Threads

The news greatly shocked Lottie who had to sit down. "Oh Joe.. " she began but trailed off as the news sunk deeper "My son, my son, what have ye done?" She looked up at the reporter with tired eyes. Joe got fired because of the Carringtons, got arrested, then Ruth came back, now apparently Joe was still tangled up with the Carringtons and had been there at that awful shooting from the papers. She shook her head. Her family..

"Are ye sure it was 'im?" she asked.

188 Posts
3 Threads

Ok, so maybe he did feel a little bit bad now. But he was merely doing his job, Gareth reasoned with himself. "I'm afraid so, ma'm. Gave his name and address. I'm surprised you didn't know. I would have thought the police might want to speak to him again to follow up, though they might have met him at the Carrington estate.... Are you quite alright?"

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie's shoulders sagged "No Mister Scott, I am not. Tis difficult news ta 'ear."

188 Posts
3 Threads

"Is it really so terribly?" asked Gareth, prying for more information. "He isn't the one who shot Carrington after all."

325 Posts
3 Threads

"He's not yer son, Mister Scott. Ye wouldn't understand! I raised him better, like" her voice was loud and rising with her temper "and he's been keepin' secrets! From me! His mother!" she exhaled heavily trying to moderate her feelings in front of a stranger.

"It dinae matter that 'e didn't shoot Carrington. I raised him ta tell the truth and he's na done that. Do you have children Mister Scott?"

188 Posts
3 Threads

Gareth edged away a little. "No, Mrs. Blacke. I don't. I'm sorry. I suppose he's never kept secrets from you before then?"

Weird guy. Gareth never told his parents anything and hadn't done so for years.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie bristled at the question

"Absolutely not! I said I raised him properly like, with the rest of my children. Thou shalt not tell lies, says in the bible. If ye have children Mister Scott, ye'd understand." she moderated her voice. "At least he treated this Miss Carrington with kindness again. I'm glad of that. Too many men treat us women badly - " Lottie said. Then Lottie remembered she was talking - to a man.