Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] And What Do You Think You're Doing? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

170 Posts
4 Threads

Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=454
Height: 5'1"

Nat nodded making a note of the man's name.  She turned and rushed away.  She needed to hurry if she was to do all she planned to do before going with Mr. Appleton.  Her first stop was at the office where Mr. Cheever managed his coal/firewood delivering business. 

"Nat, I told you I would not have any further work for you today, lad."

"I know Mr. Cheever, but I wanted to let you know I would be away for a while.  I know you don't pay the weekly wages for a few more days, so I wanted to arrange for Gus from the Vaughn's Stable to pick it up for me while I am gone."

Mr. Cheever nodded.  "Yeah, I can do that.  You did three half day's for me this week so far.  So won't be much but I'll make sure he gets it.  Where you going, lad?"

"I have a possible long-term kind of job with food and boarding with a Mr. Appleton who has a farm out of town.  Have you heard of him?"  She asked suddenly thinking if anyone knew the man, Mr. Cheever, would be the one.

Cheever thought about it and then nodded.  "Yeah, I've heard of him and I think done some business with him.  From what I know of the man, he has a farm near Castleton and that the Appletons have lived there a long time and are well respected as far as I have heard.  You will do well working for him, Nat.   If he needs to hear of how hard you work, you tell him to ask me, I'll give a good word on your side.  Good luck, lad."

Nat felt all the better hearing this information.  "I will let knows how it goes.  Thanks, Mr. Cheever."  She waved and headed to the stable to find Gus.

"Hey Gus where are you, mate?"  She called out looking around inside.  Gus came out with a rake from one of the stalls where he had been cleaning out. 

"Hey, Nat."

"I need you to do me a favor."

"If I can, you know I'm your man."

"I've got a possible job out of town for a farmer named Mr. Appleton.  Mr. Cheever knew of him and where the man's place is, said he was a good bloke.  I just wanted to let you know I would be away for awhile, and I am still owed wages from Mr. Cheever.  Could you pick it up on payday?"

"Sure.  And great news about the job.  I hope it goes well.   When should I worry about you?"  He asked knowing they checked on each other for a couple of years there when they were taking work with a new place.

"About a week.  With what Mr. Cheever's said, I am not so worried, but better keep the plan we've always had."  Gus nodded.

"Oh, and Gus, use my wages to see if Old Nan needs anything?  I saw her son out getting drunk again yesterday, he's luckly gambled and drunk off his wages again.  I want to be sure she is eating."

Gus shook his head.  "I would like to bonk that man in the nose.  He's her only income.  I'll take care of her, now worries.  Now that I have a regular job, I can keep an eye on her too."

Nat smiled.  "Okay, then, I'll send you word in about a week.  Take care, Gus."

She headed out with the necessary things taken care of, she headed to the small old shack near the beach and not far from the port.  She grabbed her big sack for traveling.  There was one of her dresses and a set of her female underthings at the very bottom of it along with a frame holding a picture of her parents and herself when she was very young held by her mother.  It was one of the few things she had from when they had lived as a family.  She had some earrings of her mother's and a pocket watch that had been of her father's in the bag as well.

She stuffed the rest of her regular clothing from the last few years, a pair of spare shoes, the various items that she knew she would need to have with her were stuffed into the sack as well.  She rolled the two blankets she had and tied it to the top bottom of the sack using the ropes she had added to it.  The sack was full and slipped over her back using the ropes as like a backpack.  Looking around, she figured if she came back and it was still there, she would have it.  If not, she would get what she would need then.  Her stash of coins were hidden carefully not far away, but secure enough that no one would find it.  She didn't plan to grab it until she found a safe place in her new place to put it.

Finished, she headed back to where she had promised to meet Mr. Appleton.  She was a bit early when she got there, but not too much.  She looked around feeling somewhat excited about this new chance to get her life really going.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Nat Walker - 07-28-2021, 02:30 AM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-24-2021, 06:57 PM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 08:30 PM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 09:13 PM