Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] And What Do You Think You're Doing? [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

170 Posts
4 Threads

Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=454
Height: 5'1"

Nat gave him a look.  "A lot of people live on the street, mister.  I have friends out here, and we watch out for each other.  There is work just not available all the time. Some more regular than others, but it is seasonal.  And depends on who gets there where it is needed first.  Sometimes we take times as well, as it is only fair.  Today just a bad day for me, is all."

"But one of my friends, Gus, he got a full-time kind of job at the Vaughn stable here in town.  But they only had need for one stable boy right now.  When they have fancy big digs they hire some of us, and even give us a new set of clothes and shoes if it is really fancy that they need someone to ride alongside with the driver and drop down to open the carriage door and putting down steps for the fancies."  She nodded firmly, thinking it was quite a good job.  "Sometimes even get a coin from the rich ones.  The older ladies are the best about that.  Gus says he is learning all he can as he is going to try to work up to be a groom when he gets older."

"I take jobs that are good for me.  I don't know you and you are a long way from those that know me and I need to let them know where I am going.  If the job is one that fits me, I want it.  I could work up like Gus to next kind of job.  But a person has to be safe too, Mister.  I want to see what it is like and see what kind of job I would be doing.  I am strong and hard-working, ask any of the people that have hired me here in town.  I've got a man that has me clean out flats that folks leave without renting a mess inside.  I make it all clean and ready to be rented again.  Worth my pay, I am."  She stated.  "Jobs that no one else wants to do, that needs people like me and my friends."

"I can let Gus know where I am and get enough of my things to survive for a few days, and if I end up taking on the job long-term like, I can come back and get my other things.  Gus will keep an eye on 'em for me." She wasn't going somewhere without a safety.  There were people worse than a bit of purse picketing and she had seen them.  She had been on her own for quite a few years now, and had learned how to be careful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Nat Walker - 07-22-2021, 11:28 AM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-24-2021, 06:57 PM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 08:30 PM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: And What Do You Think You're Doing? - by Jack - 08-25-2021, 09:13 PM