Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Mistakes, I've Made a Few [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

4 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'

There were, in general, two basic rules to good thieving. Actually, that was a lie. There were hundreds of rules to good thieving, mostly because those rules changed depending on who you asked and what kind of thief they were. However, there were two rules that Averin liked to follow when picking his mark. Know your target or know your moment. It was the difference between a heist and a crime of opportunity. Being able to recognize when someone was distracted enough to not notice you lifting their purse or studying the mark so well they won't figure out what you did until you were long gone. 

So naturally, with such easy-to-follow rules, he'd fucked it up.  

In this particular instance, he'd decided to commit a crime of opportunity... As revenge. The fat merchant had been an insufferable bore and far too rude for Averin's liking. He'd assumed the man was a bit of a dunce so when the man had turned around and Averin had spotted the fat wallet, he'd gone for it. He'd known doing it in the man's shop while they were talking was going to get him caught but... The man was really annoying. He'd also turned back around before Averin managed to hide the purse and he'd pieced it together really quick. Naturally, the constables were called and Averin had to run with them hot on his heels.

Which is how he'd gotten into his current predicament.

It had become quite apparent that the narrow streets of the town were good for running away and if he'd know them well, he could have vanished. But the constables had lived in Whitby their whole lives and Averin had come ashore yesterday. He was keeping ahead but not shaking them so he turns down a corner to make them lose line of sight and, finding a place to hide, dives into a nearby rubbish bin. Which was gross but as he pulls the lid on over top him it would, hopefully, end with the constables running right by. There was just one tiny problem.

There was a kid looking at him. 

Raising one finger to his lips he makes a shushing noise before closing the lid. Hoping that the kid wasn't going to rate him out to the constables but having no way of knowing. He'd not gotten a good look at them, were they an urchin? Some merchant's brat? Something in between? He didn't know he just prayed they weren't a snitch lord knows he didn't want to have to spend the next few days figuring out how to break out of jail... again.

Messages In This Thread
Mistakes, I've Made a Few [Harbor, Beach, and Sea] - by Averin An'Arach - 05-25-2021, 12:25 AM
RE: Mistakes, I've Made a Few - by Nat Walker - 05-25-2021, 02:27 PM
RE: Mistakes, I've Made a Few - by Nat Walker - 05-26-2021, 02:44 PM
RE: Mistakes, I've Made a Few - by Nat Walker - 05-26-2021, 06:58 PM
RE: Mistakes, I've Made a Few - by Nat Walker - 05-27-2021, 10:31 PM