or Register?

[Complete] Sweet Treats [Market, Shops and Spas]

144 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Beat's by Bert
Height: 6 feet 3
Alias: BlackAck

Bert continued his battle to suppress a smile at all the attention from this very attractive member of the public. Bert stopped looking at Delilah at the familiar trill of a police whistle. A comrade standing on a small round podium in the centre of the busy thoroughfare was stopping traffic to allow people to cross, . Bert couldn't quite see who he was exactly, but gave a nod of acknowledgement and thanks.

"Back in the ta shop, ye said 'employer'. Who's that then? McPadraic?" Bert asked pulling the name of the first rich person he could think of from his head.
When constabulary duty's to be done...

102 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: She/her/hers
Height: 5'1"

"Oh, I just got hired at the Carrington house," she said, then she lowered her voice. She sounded less than enthused about it, really. So far, the family treated her well, though she did not know of the trouble brewing in the Carrington house. She didn't even say anything about the eldest son who had been killed, even though everyone else was talking about it still.

144 Posts
5 Threads

"Ooh Carringtons. Wasn't it a Carrington in the papers? Worth a bob or two they are. Not bad.." Bert continued his deliberate gait, his eyes latching on to some kids crouched in a gutter.

"though I 'eard from the lads that's been to their 'ouse on official business, the family's....difficult."

102 Posts
0 Threads

She tilted her head, "Do ye mean about the elder son dyin'?" Her voice was hushed. "Did I get meself into some trouble by workin' for them?" She grimaced. "Aye, the missus is quite fragile," she said, "and very particular about how she wants things. And the daughters... well... The youngest is a kind girl but she is a bit odd, and then the middle daughter... she is... fragile too. And the sons... Most of them..." she grimaced again, then said, "Oh, I shouldn't be speakin' about me employers like that."

144 Posts
5 Threads

Bert considered Delilah's assessment of the Carringtons. To be honest, Bert hadn't given the wealthy family much thought. Delilah would have seen them at their home, in their natural state, without the airs or graces that the wealthy lent on in public.

"I'm sure ye'll be alright. I saw worse families up on Teeside - If ye ignore the criminals. It's all that money ye know, makes them.. odd."

102 Posts
0 Threads

She would have answered that but for one of the other maids rushing up to her. "Oooh, the housekeeper sent me ta find ye, Delilah, seems a but of soot got into one of the girls' eyes and the missus wants to fire ye."

"What? I didna do that!"

144 Posts
5 Threads

Bert felt awkward. He couldn't really comfort Delilah, he didn't know her well. Oh look, there's a loose thread on his duty armband - the band of cloth wrapped around his left cuff that signaled to all that he was on duty. He picked at the thread intently as the women talked.

102 Posts
0 Threads

After some back and forth, the other maid took off toward the cart that would take her back to the Carrington estate. Delilah had a stricken expression on her face. "I see," she murmured. Her lips trembled just a tiny bit but she lifted her chin against the onslaught of emotion. She had never been fired before. Well then. She turned her gaze to Bert, her cheeks flushed with anger and her eyes glittering with it. "Bugger on them!"

144 Posts
5 Threads

Bert privately pondered that in the moment of her outburst, he found the expression of her fiery Irish personality alluring. But he was on duty, so such thoughts were taboo.

"Good staff are hard to find, so it's their loss, Miss."

102 Posts
0 Threads

Her hackles lowered thanks to the words of the constable. She still had anger glittering in her eyes even still. "Ye're right," she harumphed. "Not worth the spit on the ground." She lifted her chin. "I'll find a better family ta work wit," she muttered.