Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

Heidi took those words very seriously, for a four-year-old that was a lot.  She ran over these new ideas in her little head silently, even pausing her from another bite of the cake, again saying a lot for her.  She then nodded.  "Ok, I think it a good thing.  There is a guest room since the nursery will be full with us in it.  Miss Karen will have to have that room."

Lorn raised up his hand to cover his mouth to stifle a laugh, but couldn't quite manage it.   "Well, when people are married, Heidi, they share bedrooms and beds too.  So, Miss Karen would be in my bedroom with me."  He gave a hopeless look at Karen unable to hide the humor in his blue eyes.  "In fact, I was thinking that drawing-room was always too big for us.  I could put walls in and once you are old enough for your own big girl bedroom, one of them would be for you.  What would you think of that?"

Heidi's eyes went wide.  "When is old enough?  Is it tomorrow old enough?"

Lorn shrugged.  "No, not tomorrow, smartie pants, I don't know, really.  Let's think on that one?"

He shook his head.  She was a sneaky one this little one of his.  He then added.  "When Miss Karen and I get married, that would make you a big sister to the twins.  How about that?"

"A big sister?  They are mine too?"  She looked to Karen as if to ask her if that was true.  "Harld and Nim will be my babies too?"  She had trouble with the names but it came at quite not right.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

"Aye, Heidi, they will be yours too. And maybe one day, there will be more little ones for you to play with. How does that sound?" Her eyes were dancing as she was nigh unto bursting with love for her man and his little family... No, their family. She reached across the table and set her hand over his. "I love you." Her mouth curled upward in a smile as she peered at the man who had asked her to marry him without asking.

"Are ye askin' me now, Lorn?" she asked while laughing softly.

169 Posts
5 Threads

Heidi gave a very certain nod of her head.  "Lots of babies.  I will be a good big sister."  She promised.  Then she tilted her head a bit.  "Can I go ahead and call you Mama Karen now, or do I have to wait till you get marriage party like our friends did?"

Lorn looked at Karen.  "Up to you, Sunshine."  He let Karen decide that one.

When Karen asked him about asking her to marry her, he laughed.  He had said he had to talk to Heidi.  "Let me get a ring, Sunshine.  But, yeah informally,"  he urged Heidi to stand up and he moved over to kneel in beside Karen's chair.  "Mrs. Calloway, will you give me the honor of being your husband with my heart and a little chocolate-covered four-year-old added on?"

Heidi watched then moved over to go on her knees beside her father facing Karen with the said chocolate icing all over her mouth.  "Marry me to, Miss Karen."  She added with her little blue eyes echoing her father's.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Aye, Lorn, I will." she said softly, her heart filled to bursting with love for this man and his daughter. She reached forward and lay a hand on his cheek, smiling at him as if he were the only person in the world. But of course, when Heidi interjected, she chuckled softly and said, "Alright, wee one, I'll marry ye too." She wrapped her arms around Lorn and gestured for the little girl to come too so she could hug both parties involved.

169 Posts
5 Threads

Heidi squealed in joy, and the sound of cheers and applause came from the way toward the kitchen.  They had been there watching the whole scene as they waited to pick up the last of the remained dishes and cleaning up.  However, they had been drawn into the whole story happening in their own house, well Lorn's house but they felt it was home to them as well. 

Lorn had reached around the two dear ones close and kissed Karen with love showing in his happy expression and deep in his eyes.  He then looked down at Heidi's chocolate-covered face having smeared on Karen's dress.  "Oh no."

Heidi pulled back and saw it as well.  Her eyes went wide thinking she would be in trouble.  Not that she was ever in bad trouble, but she knew to be careful with other people's clothing.  "I'm sorry, Miss....oh.."she paused as her easily distracted mind was oft to do, she looked at Karen.  "Do I call you Mama Karen now or after the wedding party?"  She asked wanting to make the proper title.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Whenever ye want, me love. Ye can call me mama." She didn't seem the least bit dismayed by cake getting smeared on her smock. It seemed it would no longer be her best, soon enough. She had a wedding to plan...

169 Posts
5 Threads

Lorn nodded.  Then looking at his daughter.  Soon to be 'their' daughter.  "Let's get you to bed, and then I need to get Miss Karen back home."  He figured with the babies already sleeping that way Karen could have a solid night of sleep without needing to worry about them.  The nanny would take care of them.