Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] First day on the job..... [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

117 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: her/she
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=366
Height: 5'5"

She tapped her chin with a delicate index finger.  "I know of a few people that go about in the charities and raising money for this and that foundation.  I could get a list of them.  They travel all over England and out of the country as well.  My mother might know of some from New York and the bigger cities there.  If you might get a place organized with your brother, I could handle the rest.  With your permission of course."  She added not wanting to take over his project.  "You would have to be able to give a presentation as well.  To show people what this is for and how many lives it would save."

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

That made Edward blink slowly in careful thought as he considers Vela. "Well, I suppose that might be good. I think that some sort of push to introduce government regulation requiring newly built homes to use fire resistant material would be good. Remind me about this once I've perfected the formula and I think that we can do this." There was a slightly uncertain smile on his face as this was more planning for future events than he'd done in some time. But if it helped to spare others from his tragedy he was willing to step outside his comfort zone.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela nodded getting excited about the idea.  "Oh, that is good.  If more people know of what you have...or will create," she gave him a very positive and sure tone, as she believed he could do it, "the more pressure there will be for standardizing it for the making of structures.  First, we...I mean, you will need to get the word out there that there is a way to protect your families.  People will want to support that.  I am sure of it."  She nodded.  "I imagine we could spread it to other countries as well.  My parents have contacts all over the place, socially connected people.  Once you are ready, let me know.  I will start making inquiries."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"I will endeavour to keep that in mind as the work progresses," Edward said as he inclined his head to her. He returned to taking notes as one of the timbers approached the end of its life. It was the first of the four to be nearly completely engulfed, however, the other three had clearly caught. So the lumbar was not fire proof but the one of them was only smoldering near the end so it looked like, at the very least, he'd already found a way to make sure a home would last longer in a blaze.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela looked at the food and frowned.  She added some of the chicken to his plate.  "Be sure to have some more.  Three is plenty, Mr. Blackwood."  She urged with a smile in her tone and expression.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Hrmmm, oh yes, of course." Edward had a terrible combination of being a poor multitasker and quite easily distracted. This is why keeping him fed could be such a hassle most of the time as he absently pecked at the food once more once his note-taking was finished for the moment.

117 Posts
3 Threads

She smiled pleasantly and keeping up with his pace, she would add new items within his reach.  This time being very quiet and just enjoying the day and watching the fires from time to time.