Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] First day on the job..... [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

117 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: her/she
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=366
Height: 5'5"

Worried at first she had insulted the other young woman, but then as she observed a bit more, she thought she had said the right thing.  "Well, it is just being wasted in my old room back home in the hope chest.  I didn't want my mother to know that I could make a pillowcase out of it, but no one I know uses that many pillows."  She chuckled.

"I'll write the housekeeper, to gather it all up and send it to me here.  You can have your pick of it or all of it if you like it.  Or see if Ruth would like some of it as well, perhaps?"  She suggested, not wanting to favor one over the other.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

The response Vela earned was a nearly ear piercing scream of excitement as Betsy flung herself at Vela and wrapped her up in her arms. The girl was younger than the chef but she was taller so the hug might have lost some of how adorable it would have been otherwise. Still, if the way the girl was incoherently babbling her excitement and gratitude was any indication Vela had said the right thing.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you."

The young woman gushes as she finally breaks the embrace as she calms down and realizes she may have overstepped.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela was surprised and pause at first, as she was not used to being hugged other than her mother and father.  Then with a happy laugh, she hugged the woman back.  When Betsy pulled back, Vela smiled.  "My pleasure.  Really." 

"I am excited that you will be able to use the material and looking forward to the tea parties.  Now though, I should get down and meet with Eleanor to go over this week's menu and the list of things I need to get."  She also needed to start making up the day's lunch and snacks to put in Mr. Blackwood's workshop area, she thought.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Betsy calms down a bit pulling away from Vela a flush of colour on the girl's cheeks. Clearly embarrassed that she'd gotten so carried away despite knowing that if her mother had seen her react like that in front of a woman of Vela's standing, that the head maid would tan her hide.

"Uhm, yes, right. Thank you again Vela and mum knows you are coming so she'll be happy to help you." The girl grins at Vela for another moment and then she can't resist giving the chef one last hug before all but skipping out of the room to find Ruth and share the exciting news.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela gave a brief hug back.  She had not been around her family in some time and the hug had felt nice.  After Betsy left, Vela quickly put one of her full aprons over her arm and picked up her portfolio with the menus and lists inside it.  Then after a quick look around at the lovely room, she headed down to the kitchen to look for Eleanor.  The menus would start tomorrow, so she had a few easy meals to make for this afternoon and evening.  She would also get started on the snacks to put in the workshop after she met with Eleanor.  Heading downstairs, she glanced around though doubted Edward would be around.  She had the feeling that he was always in his office/workshop.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Surprisingly, she did see Edward when she went downstairs. However, he was not in the house. She would see him absently walking around outside with a measuring tape and stick. Making some annotations in the glass and Angus mills about helping him plot out a spot for... something. Vela had been partially correct in her thinking, Edward was always working on something and never left the grounds, but he would leave his rooms periodically to conduct experiments outside.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela found herself more curious than she should and gave in to it.  She went outside and moved quietly but not to sneak up on him, but to not distract him from what he was doing.  She watched the two men with a curious expression and waiting until she was noticed to have the opportunity to greet them and ask about their tasks.

312 Posts
2 Threads

The two men were working in the driveway, the hard-packed dirt and gravel surprisingly relatively acceptive of his little chalk marks on the ground. Angus spots Vela first and gives her a cheery wave but she is too far away for his typical greeting, at least, not without him disturbing the man who was puttering about on the ground. He was marking out tracks with a trowel, parting the gravel to the dirt below for some, as of yet, unclear reason. He'd also, quite clearly, not realized he had a witness. Hell, he might not even realize he had a supervisor.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela waved back at Angus.  Then trying to decide to go further to find out or to go on inside to meet with Eleanor, she thought about the time and realized that if she was to get lunch ready on time, she needed to get in there now.  Giving the gentleman another curious glance, she headed back inside after making sure Edward had not noticed her there, thus maybe finding her leaving without speaking to him as being rude.  She headed toward the kitchen and looked around for Eleanor.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Eleanor was not hard to find looking up as Vela entered and giving her a cheery smile. "Ah, Miss Rosewine nice to see you dear. I don't know what you said to Betsy but you left my girl walking on air make no mistake." The woman was quite happy to see her child happy and that meant she was quite pleased with Vela already.