Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Draw Me Like One Of Your French Girls [Market, Shops and Spas]

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Tristan was a little offended when the Douglas talked over him, but he supposed he had hit a such sensitive topic with his comment on the marriage market, that the artist felt the need to clarify, so he tried not to show.

The doctor thought for a moment, when Douglas shared his thoughts on the problem before them. "I suppose if you know these people and have their address, I could visit them and say I was sent by a benefactor. They can still turn me away if they are uncomfortable with the offer," he suggested.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

Douglas nodded.  "Yes, I could do that."  If they had found out that he was an Earl or a well-known artist, they would figure out he did it.  However, he didn't see how it could be avoided.  He thought back to the thought he had earlier.

"Do you happen to know of clergy that might be of help in this?  They would know of those in need, and for you going looking for patients in need might ask at a church? Perhaps?"  He asked.

704 Posts
11 Threads

Tristan nodded. He hadn't gone to any church yet since settling in Whitby, and didn't like the notion of interacting with a clergyman too much, lest he'd be pressured to attend, but it was probably the best option. "I don't know any yet, but I'll find one tomorrow and ask," he said.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas gave a brief quirk of his lips in a smile at the possible solution.  "If yu can find one that yu trust."

He raised his brow in a manner that indicated that he knew that not all were the best.  He had some back home that were on about him putting more of his income to the church and less on people around on his land. 

"I dinna knae any around 'ere either.  Nor 'ave I made verra many close friends in this area other than the people I was speaking of that work along the shore.  I will get yu that list though of some I knae are in verra big need of medical help."  He assured him.  "I want them 'elped.  Sae if nae one yu can find tae 'elp, what you suggested works."  He assured the other man.

704 Posts
11 Threads

Tristan noticed the small smile and couldn't help smiling back. "Very well," he said and he got up. "I shall get in touch with one of the clergymen - one that seems reliable - and I will let you know. For now, I shan't disturb you any further."

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas stood up a well and indicated the doorway Tristan had come in through.  "Please, let me know when to come by your home and if the meal is still part of the plan, so I can let my staff know."  If Tristan continued to the main front door, he would walk around beside him.  "I look forward to working with you on this project, Tristan."

704 Posts
11 Threads

Tristan walked along, feeling surprisingly light. He looked up at Douglas when he said his name, with a mixture of eagerness and awkwardness that probably made his smile look rather dumb. "So do I," he said. "I'm delighted." Wrong word. "Glad," he corrected. He stepped through the door and turned. "If you are available, how about tomorrow night?"

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas thought a moment to mentally go through his plans and nodded.  "I am indeed free and what time would you have me arrive?  Oh, and the location to go to."

704 Posts
11 Threads

Tristan had to be very lonely indeed, for he smiled brightly, before catching himself and scaling it down. "53 Flowergate. How is six? I can show you the study first, and after dinner, I'd like your Scottish opinion on my whisky collection."

A whisky collection that he was still going to buy.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas made a mental note of the address.  Then nodded.  "6 pm is perfect."  He agreed, and his smile had smiled brightly at the mention of Whiskey.  "Oh, lad, painting, food, and whiskey... a perfect evening tae be sure."