Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Reporting Back [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Height: 5'9''

"Aye ser. I understand. Thank you." Noah said sheepishly. He ate some more of his food, but then his curiosity go the better of him. "Is that how ye got rich, ser, treasure huntin' I mean?"

448 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'4"

That gets a snort from Quentin. "No, I am rich because my great, great, great, great however many times removed ancestor was very good at killing people. So good that the King of England gave him land and title. Which his descents leveraged into even greater wealth and power. The sort that propagates itself for generations. I am rich because I am the current head of the North Estate which includes, among other things, The Northern Trading Concern." Which Noah may have heard of since it was a rather large one with a lot of trade to and from the North Americas. His grandfather had started the venture shortly after the American revolution, seeing a chance in being among the first to start trading with the new nation. Setting up operations in the Caribbean to sidestep certain legal issues.

"I've certainly turned a profit treasure hunting, though not as large of one as I might have if I was doing it solely for that reason. Most of what I unearth I donate, typically taking a finders fee from the Museum I sell it to." He says with a shrug. "I do it because I enjoy it more than managing my estates which is... Profitable but boring. Still, the bulk of my time is doing so and I often have to figure out ways to include business on my various trips." Honestly, the trade deals he brokered in his travels to exotic locations usually wound up bringing in more money down the line than any treasure he returned with.
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

"Oh..." Noah looked at him with a glassy stare. He hadn't been in school enough to know much about history and he had never wondered why some families were very rich and owned land and titles. He had accepted it as a fact of life. And as for business, he had never heard of the concern, and his knowledge of business did not go further than knowing that he needed money to get something at the local bakery, or needed swift fingers. "Why'd you donate it?" He finished the last bites of his food.

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Because if we do not learn from our history we are doomed to repeat it," Quentin says with a shrug as he finishes his own plate and wipes his mouth with a napkin. "I want to do my best to contribute to human knowledge, especially of the past and other cultures. By donating I am giving future generations the opportunity to experience and see history instead of it being hoarded in some wealthy man's private collection." Coming to his feet he gestures to Noah. "Come, we will go see this Mister Meijers."
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

"Oh..." he repeated. He couldn't see why it was so important to learn from history. There was enough shit today to reflect on. But he felt it was wiser not to contradict his benefactor. He got distracted anyway. At the mention of Mr. Meijer, he turned red, but nodded anyway and got up. This was going to be embarrassing.

448 Posts
2 Threads

They exit the restaurant, after Quentin pays, and the big man hails a hansom to come pick them up. He instructs Noah to tell the driver which way to Meijer's farm and he settles down into the back seat waiting for Noah to join him before they get underway.
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Noah did as he was told and then reluctantly joined Quentin in the hansom. He pressed his lips together and looked at his hand and out at the street to avoid eye contact and hopefully avoid showing how uncomfortable he was.

448 Posts
2 Threads

The ride out to Meijers's residence was uneventful and once they arrive Quentin gives the driver enough money to wait for him before they approach the house.

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

He is already outside with a hoe, chopping at the earth with the blade. He was working on the garden. When he noticed the hansom approaching, he stopped what he was doing and watched.

448 Posts
2 Threads

The hansom pulls to a stop and Quentin steps out straightening his suit as he does so. His gaze sweeping over the farm noting the man with the hoe. It was not often that Quentin ran into someone taller than him and he gives Mister Meijer a cheery smile as he approaches. Noah, presumably, following behind as they exit the hansom giving at least limited context to the reason it was here.