Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Shopping/Stealing - Whatever [Market, Shops and Spas]

61 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'9"

Caelan walked into the bakery hungry.  Damn!  He thought.  He hated coming in here when he was this hungry.  He was practically salivating at the smell and sight of all the incredible pastries and cookies and things to eat.  He loved brownies and eclairs.  He decided he might try some new things.  He probably would go with some bread if only he had some jelly or butter to spread onto it.  Luckily, there were a couple of customers, so he felt he could find something he wanted and take it without anyone seeing him.

144 Posts
5 Threads

Plotter: Beat's by Bert
Height: 6 feet 3
Alias: BlackAck

Upholding the common law was hungry work, so Bert had his heart and his stomach on a sweet treat. Officially, he also felt it was necessary that he and his fellows pop in to see shopkeepers from time to time, to reassure them that the police were around should the worst happen. Led by delicious baked aromas, he made his way to the bakery.

61 Posts
2 Threads

As he was looking at what looked like the finest apple pies he had ever seen, the door opened and Caelan couldn't help but notice a constable walk in because of he tremendous height. Damn! Caelan thought. Now what was he gonna do? He was so terribly hungry and all he wanted was something to eat. That was all. It couldn't have been wrong to be able to eat. he thought. But of course now he would have to either actually buy something or just leave. He didn't think he could just wait the constable out and wait for him to leave.

Perhaps he could hide in the back of the store? He wondered. It was his fault. He waited too long. He should've come in earlier, but there were as many customers then as there were now. Not including the tall constable. Luckily he was looking or walking over to Caelan yet. Though he had the feeling that might change in a second. Caelan, stooped over hoping not to be seen and ventured further into the back of the store. He hoped maybe he could just hide in the back of it for a spell. Problem was it was a small store. Bakeries were never that big for some reason. Not enough to sell, probably. Damn it!

144 Posts
5 Threads

"Morning, Mister Willaby," Bert announced crossing the threshold of the shop. "Everything smells grand." he said removing his helmet. He would wait for the other customers to complete their business, he could wait despite what his stomach desired.
Alcoholic and Gambler

15 Posts
1 Thread

Height: 6'0"

Unfortunately for Caelan, Angus was in the bakery shopping for something to eat after a long night of drinking. You could still smell whiskey on his breath if you cared to get that close to him. He noticed the boy crouched and moving to the rear of the store and knew he was up to no good. He decided to have some fun at the boy's expense. He slowly and quietly walked up to the boy, taking out his own wallet from his pocket as he did. He kneeled and put his wallet by the boy without him knowing it. By all accounts, it might look like he pickpocket Angus and put his wallet in his pocket. As he stooped it had fallen out onto the floor by him. Smiling, Angus got up and started walking toward the constable.

As he got near him, he whispered to him. "Constable," Angus said, "There's a boy in the back of the store who i believe pickpocketed me. I followed him in here and was going to beat him to the point of meeting our Lord, but since you're here, I believe you can help me out instead. Would you mind getting me wallet back?"

61 Posts
2 Threads

Caelan was still kneeling in the back of the store, hoping that the constable would just leave. He noticed a man talking to him. Was the constable now looking at Caelan? What did the man say? Caelan wondered. He decided to stay where he was and how he was until he needed to run for it. he was so very hungry though. It wasnt' fair.

144 Posts
5 Threads

(03-14-2021, 01:37 AM)Angus McLeod Wrote: Unfortunately for Caelan, Angus was in the bakery shopping for something to eat after a long night of drinking.  You could still smell whiskey on his breath if you cared to get that close to him.  He noticed the boy crouched and moving to the rear of the store and knew he was up to no good.  He decided to have some fun at the boy's expense.  He slowly and quietly walked up to the boy, taking out his own wallet from his pocket as he did.  He kneeled and put his wallet by the boy without him knowing it.  By all accounts, it might look like he pickpocket Angus and put his wallet in his pocket.  As he stooped it had fallen out onto the floor by him.  Smiling, Angus got up and started walking toward the constable.

As he got near him,  he whispered to him.  "Constable,"  Angus said, "There's a boy in the back of the store who i believe pickpocketed me.  I followed him in here and was going to beat him to the point of meeting our Lord, but since you're here, I believe you can help me out instead.  Would you mind getting me wallet back?"

Harrogate Tart or Sly Cake? 

Albert's deliciously difficult decision was interrupted by the customer's urgent request. 

"Certainly, sir. You leave it with me, sir.  Don't go takin' the law into yer own hands." Bert answered coolly.  "Would yer mind watching my helmet?"

Bert puffed out his chest and walked over to where the customer had said the boy was hiding.  Bert then noticed a wallet, the wallet, lay nearby. Clearly, the youth was crap at thiefing.  Bert retrieved the wallet.

"Police.  What's all this then?  Hiding from the law?" Snotty young kid. Must be guilty.  "On yer feet, yer suspected of pickin' pockets." 

Without waiting for the youth to answer, Bert grabbed him by the shirt with a vice-like hold and hauled him to his feet.  

"Outside with yer."  There was no need to do this interrogation in the bakery, so Bert began to drag the lad from the shop. No pastry today.
Alcoholic and Gambler

15 Posts
1 Thread

Height: 6'0"

Angus couldn't help smiling and laughing a little as he saw the look on the little fella's face. He knew the kid must've taken somebody's wallet sometime, so he was too amused by the cop doing his duty. He felt he was doing public good by getting rid of the little thief.

61 Posts
2 Threads

Caelan was carefully keeping his eye on the copper when he was distracted by something shiny. A mirror? A mirror image of something. Caelan wasn't sure. But he saw the greatest looking apple pie he ever saw. He licked his lips, it looked so appetizing. He didn't realize he has been distracted for too long until an authoritative voice woke him up from whatever hypnotic hold the apple pie held on him.

"Er what?" Caelan asked. Before he knew it he was pulled up onto his feet by someone's brute strength and was being hustled toward the bakery door. "Wait! What's going on?" He asked. "What did I do?" As he got closer to the door, he noticed a man he thought he saw outside.

144 Posts
5 Threads

The lad's pleas and questions where heard and summarily dismissed by Bert. He'd heard it all before. They were all innocent, they all feigned ignorance or confusion. When he was a younger policeman, he might have believed the youth, but the evils he had seen men do, had hardened his heart long ago.

"Come along you," Bert replied not answering the question, as he continued to half drag, half carry the lad from the shop, a jumble of legs.