Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

She made her way to the Library where he was, Jacob asleep at her shoulder after he'd been nursed. When she got there, she went in and approached him, "Hello again... I was wonderin' if ye'd want ta dine with me today, sir... I would like ta pick yer brain on somethin' whilst we eat." She wasn't lying when she said it. Her mouth curled up slightly at her invitation.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

Edward was at his chalkboards but her request was direct enough to catch his attention. "Hmmm, if you would like I have no objection?" Edward says looking at her and blinking in surprise at the request. "Though I don't know when dinner is." He admits, actually, with a bit more thought he realizes he doesn't know what time it is at all. Patting his pocket he realizes he doesn't have a watch... strange he thought he had one somewhere. Like a puppy his attention is now on locating his pocket watch as he turns and starts bustling about the room.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"It shouldn't be much longer... I will go inform them that I am dinin' wit' ye tonight, sir," she said as she even thought about making the food, herself. It was clear to her that Edward didn't care what was put in front of him, he would eat what he would eat, but that Vela probably had something planned for him. She watched then as he went and looked for his pocket watch, feeling a smile tug at her face despite her best efforts to remain neutral.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Hrmm, of course, of course whenever you'd like."

Edward says absently, already forgetting what they were talking about in his hunt for the watch. He'd been using it the other day to time one of his experiments so he knew that it must be somewhere. The man starting to shuffle about the room looking for it.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She wandered out of the library and shook her head at herself, then headed for the kitchen with Jacob asleep in her arms. She looked like she was tired by the time she made it there, as if having second thoughts about torturing herself by being around a man who didn't seem to be aware of her presence half the time.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Looking up as she enters Eleanor smiles at Ruth. "Well, evening there darling and young mister Blacke." The head maid says smiling at the lad. "Her fer yer super I take it?" She inquires as she goes to prepare the young woman a basket.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Aye, I'll be dining with Mister Blackwood tonight. I figured I'd see if he'd eat somethin' today. Though he's lookin' fer a pocket watch I am not sure whether he possesses or not." Jacob burbled at Eleanor and perked up a little, sticking his little tongue out and holding his head up for an impressive amount of time for a babe his age. Ruth smiled, "I think he likes ye very much, Eleanor," she said, indicating the child's demeanor.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, he has a pocket watch." Eleanor says with a nod of her head. "He may be distracted but he isn't prone to flights of fancy." The head maid says not commenting on her eating dinner with Master Blackwood. After all, Ruth had gotten more activity out of the man in the last few weeks than anyone had in months so the woman was willing to trust Ruth wasn't going to overwhelm him. When the baby babbles the old woman smiles reaching out to stroke a cheek.

"Aye, this one is a real charmer he is. Lord knows I'll have a hard time denying him sweets when he is old enough to ask for them.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She wasn't trying to overwhelm the man, nor was she trying to push herself upon him either, merely wanting to spend time with the man who stood up for her. She kept her feelings to herself, nobody needed to know that she wanted very much for Edward Blackwood to come out of that stupor of his and kiss the daylights out of her. But even SHE knew that was a long shot.

"I am glad he has ye..." Jacob perked up and gave an excited breath that babies did, smiling a toothless smile and cooing again.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Aye, yer a sweet lass Ruth. I'm glad that you came on staff." Eleanor gives Ruth an affectionate pat on the cheek and then hands her a serving platter with meals for herself and Edward. "Now go see iffin you can get Master Edward ta eat his dinner." It was a pretty easy preparation for her since Vela handled cooking for Edward not Eleanor.