Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

"Ahh," she murmured, tilting her head. He was especially absent minded today it seemed. Her eyes softened and she said, "Is there somethin' I can do ta help ye?" She already had a feeling that he was not going to eat supper.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

"I am not sure what I am doing yet so no, I don't think so," Edward said as he nodded at what he had displayed. "It sounds like a simple thing, find a way to observe time, but it is not so easy to do. As evidenced by the fact that humanity's first attempt most definitely doesn't measure time, just the mental construct we hold as being time. I mean, while there is a scientific basis for how we count days, that was local to our planet. It wouldn't translate the same system to another planet the length of a day would change entirely. And that works for every segment of time. Yet we can accurately measure say, temperature anywhere because that is constant. Even if the units we use to measure it are based on this planet."

306 Posts
13 Threads

She said, "I see." Her eyes watched him for a moment before she moved to sit down. "I know that time is elusive. It is a mystery, isn't it?" And so are ye, she thought, so are ye. "I think perhaps ye should eat somethin'," she gestured toward the plate of food meant for him. she still had to try. "It'll give ye more energy ta think."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Yes, it is." Edward said as he nodded his head his focus back on the chalkboards until she brought up the subject of food. "Oh, yes, right. I suppose... but didn't I? Hrmm, well, I am aware my grasp on time is suspect so I'll take your word for it." Was his final decision as he walked over to the table where she'd left his dinner and settled down.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She tried not to look relieved when he sat down for supper. Her eyes met his face and she watched with a mixture of curiosity and a little bit of sadness, a lot of empathy for the man. Her mouth softened from a frown to a neutral position. Hopefully she could get him to eat at least a few bites, if nothing else. "I want ta thank ye, sir," she said softly.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh think nothing of it no trouble at all." Edward responded as he began to poke at the meal. After a moment a slight frown formed on his features and he looked up at Ruth. "I'm sorry, thank me for what exactly?" As he had been so quick to dismiss any thanks it had taken him a moment to realize he hadn't done anything worth thanking him for.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Your kindness toward me, sir," she said quietly. "I have been here for some months now and have ne'er been treated with as much kindness as I have been here."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, well I am sure that kindness wasn't solely from me and you are welcome but yes, think nothing of it. While I am not strictly speaking a religious man I do believe in the golden rule." He beamed at her brightly before he turned his attention to his dinner since he still held a fork that was currently skewered inside of a pirogi, a dish he'd never had before. One of the ways Vela had found that was effective in feeding him was giving him new food as it held his attention longer.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She was glad that he was paying attention to his food, so she didn't say anything about it. She ate her meal as he ate, his smile having done much to bolster her spirits. Her mouth quirked into a smile in return.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Edward took a curious bite and smiled in delight to find the dough stuffed with potato and cheese. Another contained potato and spinach and a third onion and potato. This variety further proved to entrance Edward who had to eat the entire plate to confirm there was no other flavors he might have missed.