Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

Jacob seemed to perk up at the sound of the man's voice, giving a grunt of recognition and flailing his little arms. Ruth looked at the child and then back up at Edward. Her eyes brightened momentarily and then dimmed. She managed to smile a little before she murmured, "Mister Blackwood," she nodded. Her eyes were guarded and she still looked a little frazzled but she didn't complain about the letter she got, not wanting him to go out of his way to go after Angus again.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

Edward's gaze tracked to the baby for a moment the expression on his face was hard to read. But ultimate he flicked his eyes back to Ruth and he offered her a gentle smile. "He is a good lad, you are lucky to have him." Then his gaze drifted back to the clock as he went back to work. But he was moving slowly like he was trying to fight through molasses.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Her eyes lifted to his face. Her mouth gave a slight quirk as he complimented the child. "He is... He is doing well here." She nodded softly and she watched him then for a moment. "I was just about to get ta work," she said.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Ah, my apologies for keeping you then," Edward said as he inclined his head. "I won't delay you from your duties, I hope you have a pleasant day Miss Blacke." With that he went back to reassembling the clock he had taken apart.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Ye weren't..." she hastened to say, "I am early... I like ta make sure me boy is settled in the basket affore I work. Did ye want company for supper again tonight, sir? I'll make sure all of me work is done affore I come ta dinner, of course."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, uhm, sure if you would like. I have no issues sharing a meal with a friend." Edward offered her a tentative smile and it might occur to her that he did not fully understand that he was her employer. Or at the very least that he had no idea how to act like it. Which made sense since he tended to mostly make requests and had only once given out orders... when he'd been roused out of the fugue state he was usually in to come to her defence.

306 Posts
13 Threads

To be considered his friend made her heart nearly leap from her breast. He liked her enough to hold her in such esteem. Of course, she would have to tread carefully. As much as she was in love with the man, she was still a servant. She gave a smile, "I look forward to visiting with you again, Mister Blackwood." She wasn't flirting, though his name almost did come out as a sigh on her lips.

It made her feel better. Every time that damned Angus McLeod came into the picture, Edward Blackwood was there to cushion the blow somehow, unwittingly adding to the many reasons why Ruth was all too smitten. She said, "Good day to you, sir," and headed toward the kitchen.

Life was cruel, she thought as she nestled her now-sleeping son in the basket. And she? A fool.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Hrmm yes, of course, anytime."

Edward said distractedly the man utterly oblivious to the heartache he was causing Ruth. Of course, he was, even though she'd seen a little flash of the man he might have once been when he'd risen to her defence he was still lost in the throes of grief.

As Ruth entered the kitchen Eleanor looked up and offered her a smile. "Morning Ruth and there is wee Jacob. How are you two doing?" She asks as she returns her focus to the pot of boiling water she was overseeing.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She gave a slight smile to the woman who helped her so very much. "I am well," she said, "and so is the wee one. I thought I would get him settled in early and I could get ta work." She wanted very much to try and ignore her torment, perhaps even to polish the floor of the attic with her tears. Of course, that notion was absurd... but even still. Ruth looked to the woman and murmured, "If it's alright, I'll be takin' supper ta Mr. Blackwood again tonight." He called me his friend, she thought.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh aye, if you want to and he expects it then ya can sure enough," Eleanor said with a nod of his head. "He ate his whole plate last night so no reason not ta let you do so." That was the general consensus in the house, if it got Edward to take care of himself then it was alright.