Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Gratitude [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

"Oh... Oh please don't tell yer mother I said that, I would die..." Her face went red when she realized she had blurted out her thoughts in her anger. She was so mad that she had forgotten herself! "Ye mustn't repeat it either. I'm afraid I shouldn't have said it." She had the boy changed in no time. When she looked down into his little face, thankfully looking more like her father every day, she heaved a great sigh and said, "The only good thing to come out of me marriage is Jacob. I live and breathe fer this boy."

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

Betsy snorts at Ruth's worry. "Love, if I said that to my mother, even if I was just repeating you, I would die cause she'd kill me." Good lord, her mother could be such a prude it was a bit stifling even if Betsy did love her mother dearly. Coming over the younger made smiles and makes a silly face at the lad getting him to laugh. "I mean, shame yer ex-husband was such a prick but Jacob was definitely worth it! He is such a sweety!" While the girl didn't think she was ready for children yet Jacob was jut the cutest little thing.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"He's my life," she admitted when she looked down at her son. She tossed the soiled nappy into the bucket she had handy for such and sighed tiredly. "I don't think I ever want ta marry again after this." Lies. But that was for another time. Jacob quirked his lips at Betsy and gave a baby sigh, but he wasn't old enough to laugh just yet. "I think he likes ye as much as ye like he," she chuckled as he squinted up at the other maid.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"He's such a sweet boy, I think he just likes everyone." Betsy responds though the broad smile on her face and the look she gives Ruth tells her the comment was well received. Reaching out she rubs one of his chubby cheeks gently. "As fer you love, I don't blame ya for not wanting to find another man after the first one treated you so poorly." She admits to her. "But surely you don't want to become a spinster?" The girl said it like it was the worst fate imaginable.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"They only break your heart," she said quietly and with a world of hurt. "Tis a warm day, I... think I shall go to the garden with the bairn and spend some time thinkin'. If that is alright, I mean... I... don't want ta be in the house right now when it's lovely outside and it's me day of rest, ye know?" She was trying to delay the inevitable crying for when she was alone. She lifted the boy up into her arms and looked at the ceiling to gird herself. She didn't wait for an answer, she just... took off and didn't stop until she was well outside and able to put her free hand over her mouth and let her rip with the tears. Damn Angus McLeod and his silver tongue and wenching ways! Damn him to hell!

312 Posts
2 Threads

"I mean, ma has been married to pa for the last... twenty-five years love. Just cause you picked the rotten apple off the tree doesn't mean everyone is soiled." Betsy was, clearly, a romantic. Believing that everyone should find love eventually. Still, she'd not press beyond that recognizing that the poor girl needed a moment to herself.

Once she was outside she'd be alone with her thoughts for a time. However, she'd eventually hear the sounds of someone humming to themselves and a shovel moving dirt. If she was inclined to do she could follow the noise and find that Edward was out in the garden happily rooting about in the soil.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She soon followed the sound, not bothering to swipe at the wetness of her face. God, she must look a mess. Even still, she saw Edward and stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do. She gave an unintentionally loud sniffle, Jacob giving a little bit of a whine because his mother was upset but other than that, he was still being Jacob.

Finally, she used her sleeve to mop up a few tears before they came anew. Damn it, she didn't want to cry in front of the man! But there she was, wiping her face with her free hand.

Looking down, she thought maybe if he hadn't heard her sniffle, she might be able to sneak past undetected.

312 Posts
2 Threads

The sniffle did not catch his attention, but the babies whine had his head snapping up and looking around. There was a slight look of fear in his eyes for a moment before the alight upon Ruth and he relaxes visibly upon seeing her.

"Oh, hello Miss Blacke, fine weather today eh? Oh, is that your baby? I have... I've seen the lad before correct?"

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Aye, ye have," she said, looking down at the child. She moved closer and it wasn't hard to see what she had been about, for her face had the telltale signs of weeping. "I'm sorry, I didn't know ye were out here or I would have... found somewhere else ta be so as not ta disturb ye," her breath hitched.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, it's no trouble at all," Edward says giving her a wane smile his gaze not quite going to the babe. "I'm just planting some medicinal herbs in the garden. Mister MacLeod offered to do it for me but I thought it would be enjoyable to dig about for a bit and it has been. There is a lot of quite fascinating things just under the surface of the dirt."