Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Rose & Her Thorns [The British Isles]

448 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'4"

They finish their lunch and set it outside the cabin before settling in once again. He didn't draw her into his lap though he did sit next to her since they would be arriving in London presently. Indeed, they pull into the station not forty minutes after lunch just past one in the afternoon. Quentin fetching their bags as they head out onto the street where his personal car was waiting for them. His driver giving a nod of greeting as they load the bags into the back and settle down to be driven to the botanical gardens.

353 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

Once they were well on their way to the gardens, she was happily next to him in the car. "This is exciting. I brought my sketchbook." She would pull that out when she was ready. "I cannot wait to see. Is winter always so dreary that one looks forward to seeing spring flowers?"

448 Posts
2 Threads

"In England yes." He says with a chuckle. "If we headed into the alps the winter takes on a slightly more appealing beauty. London tends to be just warm enough that the snow never properly settles, its mostly slush and that is miserable."

353 Posts
3 Threads

"It seems miserable in Whitby as well," she said with a chuckle. Whitby had just enough going on to be an interesting hamlet, but Lord almighty, it was a miserable place to be sometimes. She peered at him lightly, "I declare that seeing a bloom would just about make my day."

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Then it is fortunate that her majesty's gardens include an expansive greenhouse for us to enjoy." He says with a soft chuckle as they make their way slowly down the streets. London had no car manufacturers so any automobile had to be imported in. Which meant that the car was a bit of an oddity still and attracted a bit of attention. It wasn't the only one on the streets but there were still more carriages than anything else.

353 Posts
3 Threads

She had never been in a car, though she had seen a few in her day. Her father had said he thought the contraptions were death traps and he wasn't about to die in a death trap. "This is lovely," she said. "All of it, even what I haven't seen. Thank you."

448 Posts
2 Threads

"I have done very little as of yet." He informs her as they are jostled slightly by the cobbles. "So I think I can only say that the success of my efforts was due in equal part to my wonderful partner in making this day enjoyable. But you are welcome for what part I have played in your pleasure."

353 Posts
3 Threads

She grinned. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Cave diving, enjoying each others' company... in many ways," she sighed in content. "I do believe I am enamored," she quipped, not joking though. Her hand touched his again; she liked touching, it seemed.

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Well, I am pleased to hear that I have you so enraptured. I have to say I am also quite enamored so I think we are doing very well so far as court ships go." The car comes to a stop just in front of a large expanded of snow a path cutting through what was, based on the covered trees and shrubs, a garden of some kind in the winter. A well trodden path leading to a greenhouse that was near the Thames.

353 Posts
3 Threads

As they walked down the trodden path toward the greenhouse, she slipped her arm through his once more. Her eyes were glancing about and drinking in the sights. She was ready to see the flowers and smell their heavenly aroma.