Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Rose & Her Thorns [The British Isles]

448 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'4"

"Indeed it has been, hasn't it?" He says with a rich chuckle. The room had four seats available two pairs that were side by side, it was her choice if she sat across or beside him since he settled down first. "Searching for buried treasure one day, a torrid affair the next. Certainly quite a but of excitement and while I am not certain today will prove to be as eventful I am sure we will have a wonderful time."

There is a knock at the door and a kindly looking woman comes in with a cart that bore a teapot a few boxes of various tea leaves on it. Quentin asks for a cup of black tea with a bit of cream and the woman would take Claire's order and then inform them they just had to leave the cups and the tray outside their door when they were finished to be cleaned up.

353 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

She was not particularly fond of hot tea but she ordered some anyway, deciding it was as close as she could get to sweet tea in these parts... Or maybe not, she didn't know. She was happy regardless of the tea and train fare. Once the woman left, Claire reached out and brushed her fingers over the back of one of his hands, having sat next to him.

448 Posts
2 Threads

Quentin turns his hand to captures her's in his grip squeezing her palm lightly and flashing her a smile as he takes a sip of his tea. There is a slight lurch as the train begins to move forward but it is fairly smooth and doesn't put their drinks at risk.

"So, lunch isn't for a few hours. What would you like to do after tea?"

He inquires, there wasn't a bevy of things to do on the train but they could go to the lounge car, watch the scenery drift by, converse, read a book. They had a few options to keep themselves entertained on the way to London.

353 Posts
3 Threads

"Well, how about you tell me of your adventures before and up to now?" she asked with a smile, squeezing his hand back and taking a sip of her tea as well. "We didn't do much talking before. I suppose it is good we got it out of our systems." She gave a low chuckle, letting him know she was amused. "What is your favorite place that you have visited in your travels thus far?" she went on to ask.

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Out of our systems?" He says with a wry grin. "Speak for yourself on that madam, I don't know that I've got that particular desire for you out of my system just yet." He gives her a grin to let her know he is teasing her.

"As for the place I most fond of." He taps his fingers against his chin and considers it for several long moments. "I would say Alaska, The Amazon, The South of Africa, and China. But it is, genuinely hard to say. I've travelled as much of the globe as I can and I can say that every culture and every land I have visited has something exceptional to show."

353 Posts
3 Threads

She laughed throatily and shook her head in amusement. "You're right. You're right," she conceded. And then she was listening raptly as he spoke of his travels. "What is Alaska like?" she wondered aloud. Her eyes were filled with warmth as she gazed at him. She didn't have him out of her system by a long shot, she thought.

448 Posts
2 Threads

"It was, to put it mildly, one of the wildest and most intense places I've ever been. I visited a few years ago when the gold rush was going strong. I say men shot, stabbed, and heated for a pittance of gold. But I also saw some of the wildest, most savage, and untamed natural beauty I have ever seen in my life. In the winter it is an ethereally beautiful place where the air so cold water can freeze the moment it hits it. And in the summer it is lush, gorgeous and vibrant." He explains as he sets down his finished tea. "In short, it was almost as pretty as you are my dear." He gives her a charming smile as he lays that particular line on her.

353 Posts
3 Threads

She sighed in delight at his description of Alaska and then grinned at his line. "You flatter me, Quentin," she said and squeezed his hand. "It all sounds beautiful. I would like to see it one day, I think. Did you know that I had never seen snow until I came to England? It is beautiful when the snow first falls, but I am the first to admit that I am not used to the cold." She laughed and then sipped her tea.

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Well, assuming our courtship continues as it is I imagine you are going to see much of the world. Unless you have a complaint about joining me as I continue to travel, since that is certainly not going to change he says with a grin." As he leans back and arches an eyebrow. "And from the sounds of it England has opened you up to all kinds of new experiences than."

353 Posts
3 Threads

"I don't see why we wouldn't still be courting... I am beginning to think I like you," she gave a cheeky grin, easily flirting back. "I don't think I could ever tire of you, either." Claire's grin warmed into a smile, her eyes filled with good cheer as they drank their tea and spoke together. "Perhaps you should visit Louisianna sometime if you haven't already."