Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I'm Rubber, You're Glue [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She sighed and nodded. This was going to be interesting, but she was about to throw her brother under the bus with the police. She would have to get a hold of that private investigator again and see if he would be willing to do her dirty work.

188 Posts
3 Threads

Gareth let the empty glass spin in his hand as he leaned back and watched her. "And let's hope you're wrong, Miss Carrington, for if not, we are both risking our necks. Do you have a safe place or a trusted relative or friend where to hide, should the need arise?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"No... I do not. I wouldn't dare go to the manse right now, though if my father knew..." She sighed. This was a great problem she had. She stood up and smoothed her hands over her skirt. She pulled out a card with information written on it in neat script. There was the name of the private eye, and there were her name and address. "I will send you a missive when I have the proof. I will talk to the private investigator again and dangle some coin beneath his nose for more information."

188 Posts
3 Threads

Gareth rose and took the card. he looked at it. "I hope this man is discreet," he said. It was all the more important if she had no safe place to go. "One moment." He left into another room and returned a moment later with a small gun, small enough to be tucked away in a handbag. He handed it to her. "I'll lend you this. Let's hope you won't need it."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She took the gun and looked at it, then at him, "Thank you, Mister Scott. Thank you." In light of this new development, she almost forgave the man for the article. Pearl tucked the gun away safely and nodded, "He is the best I could find under the circumstances." And then she and Tilly were heading for the door to take their leave. This was an interesting turn of events.

188 Posts
3 Threads

Gareth followed to see her out. "Well don't tell 'im owt that's not necessary. And as for contacting me, don't do it by post. If ye do, speak in code. I will do the same. We don't know if yer brother acts alone."

What had he just gotten involved in?