or Register?

[Complete] Pinch a Pound for Cake [Pavilion and Fairground]
Vigdis the Darlin' of the Crimson Ghost

27 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Plotter: Friday's Fictions
Height: 5'6"

The thought of being paid to sneak around excited Vigga. She was a damn good sneak. Even made special soft leather shoes, for when she didn’t go barefoot, just for sneaking. Made it easier to get around on rooftops to find the open windows for stealing. Maybe if she decided to give up the sea life, she’d become a private eye and get paid to sneak. But then she’d probably have to learn how to read and other high society things they didn’t exactly teach on the pirate ship.

Vigdis caught the wink and sighed, her impish smile turning into something more forced. This was the problem with the landfolk. They didn’t know how to play and have fun. He didn’t want to play her games or eat food with her. He was probably only interested in getting his dick wet. The crewmen had warned her of these things when she had started to develop from a little girl into a young woman. Having twenty-something father-like men in her life, she was schooled on what to watch out for and how to protect herself. Having little self-restraint, Vigga rolled her eyes at his comment. “Suit yerself. I’m ‘posed ta be workin’ anyways…”

Landfolk certainly knew how to take the wind out of her sails.

"There are few things as dangerous as curiosity, for it is never satiated and curious people are always coming up with more questions to ask."

105 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, Inspector
Height: 5'7"

He got the desired reaction he sought, not wanting the girl to be anywhere near him. She reminded him of what he thought he couldn't have: a woman... She smelled of the high seas to him, and her impish ways made his dusty old heartbeat just a tiny bit faster. He hadn't touched a woman since Corine had disappeared. Ah, his beautiful Corine. He would have loved her if she'd not disappeared as she had, for he had made a connection with the lady of the night beyond boundaries. He wouldn't let another girl close to him... not when he couldn't trust her to see him beyond what he looked like.

He sighed as she seemed to get huffy, and started to turn to walk away... But then he pivoted to face her, head tilted, "I ain't the kind o' man ye should be cavortin' with anyway. I'm ugly and you're pretty." Why he said it out loud was beyond him, but it had been said nevertheless.

27 Posts
3 Threads

The man was odd, that was for sure. When he turned on her and gave his reason why he wouldn't play, Vigdis laughed. It was slow to start, her big dark doe eyes wide with surprise. Her mouth slowly regained that impish quality as the laughter bubbled out of her. She covered her mouth with a gloved hand when others started to turn their way, her laughter coming straight from her belly. It was an infectious laugh, one that tended to make others smile and want to join in the fun.

"Ye won't play Who-Be-The-Better-Sneak 'cause ye think yerself ugly?" her eyes were starting to water with amusement. This man really had no idea what ugly was if he thought it was him. Granted he wasn't handsome and she wasn't attracted to him sexually, Vigdis had definitely seen far worse. "Matey, ye've some ridiculous notions if ye believe a pair of people must both be attractive to run a rig. No one's proposin' marriage here or that we sleep together. Jus' a bit of fun 'fore me ship returns to the sea."

"Name's Vigdis the Darlin' of the Crimson Ghost," she offered her hand to him in a formal introduction, offering the Pirate name given to her by her shipmates. She was a darling, it wasn't a lie. It was meant to not entice fear by itself. Helped people put their guards down before she robbed them or slipped a dagger around their neck. She preferred not to take a life but had no qualm about it if it meant keeping hers or someone who held her loyalty. "Ye may call me Vigga."

The Crimson Ghost wasn't as well known as a few other ships, but in the right circles it's name came up. It's crew was ruthless and it's Captain well earned his name, Grey Rob the Feared. Perhaps, being a private investigator, he had heard of it. She didn't understand the landfolk and their focus on appearance. Almost half of the crew of her ship were scarred in someway or another. Vigga had a few of her own from some close calls with sharp blades or well aimed barrels. A handful of her shipmates were permanently disfigured and in far worse condition than Marcus. Perhaps knowing she came from a pirate ship, and that specific one, he'd understand her amusement.

"There are few things as dangerous as curiosity, for it is never satiated and curious people are always coming up with more questions to ask."

105 Posts
2 Threads

He blinked in surprise at her amusement regarding his bluntness. "T'ain't funny," he mumbled and sniffed, though there was a little bit of a tugging at the corner of his lips that indicated the humor he saw in the situation as well. "Aye, I am ugly. I have no business bein' seen like I am struttin' around ye like a cock, miss, that is all I mean. People don't take kindly to me like they would ye in regards to yer little game ye wish me to play."

He took a breath and heaved a sigh, "It ain't about wettin' me cock, yer mind be in the gutter, girl." He chuckled but kept it blunt, earning a gasp from a passerby who dragged her son away while covering his ears. That's when Marcus guffawed. "I am Marcus," he said.

27 Posts
3 Threads

Vigdis didn't flinch at his language. Just as he didn’t seem to give a rats ass about her proper title. This man was obviously deeply depressed. All because he thought he was ugly? The blonde didn't understand why he held himself back based on his appearance. There was so much more to life than looks. Such a thing didn't hold anyone back in her world. Missing limbs, perhaps, but not an unfortunate face.

"Ain't your face that's off puttin'," Vigga smirked, pulling her hand back and folding them neatly together in front of her. "'Tis this self-pity ye insist on. Doesn't look good on anyone regardless of pretty they be." She clicked her tongue. "Like yer wantin' life to deal ye a new hand, versus playin' the one it gave ye. Many a man won a game with a shitty hand. " Vigdis wasn't sure she got the idiom correct, as she tried to repeat something she overheard Grey Rob say to others.

"If you insist on folding, I shall bid you adieu, Marcus." Almost seamlessly, Vigdis switched back to a proper accent and bowed her head slightly at him. She was ready to move on to something more fun and entertaining.

105 Posts
2 Threads

"Aint depressed cause I'm ugly," he muttered. He was depressed because he got left by a woman, but he wouldn't say as much. He sighed and thought about biting. If he didn't find money too, he'd probably have to steal money for food too and that went against his moral code of conduct. "I'll be fine," he lied.

He had work to do because he needed the money... He dug into his pocket and felt the one or two coins he did have, "Ere, wait. T'ain't much but..." He held out the coins, not nearly enough to get the pastry. "I'll find me own dinner somehow." Even if he had to dig in the garbage.

"I can't risk me job." It was true. He had a weird reputation as it was, at least that was his reasoning.