Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Food For Thought [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

Betsy, who was quite gregarious, showed no hesitation as she loops her arm through Ruth's and snags Vela's while she is at it. "Come on, let's go." She gest them moving as Mister Lane, who'd been staying politely to one side looks at them haplessly before saying. "Well, er, you three do that and I will have Angus pull the carriage upfront for you when you are ready to return to town Miss Rosewine." Since this was the last person she needed to meet at any rate and there was no reason she couldn't see the baby.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: her/she
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=366
Height: 5'5"

Vela gave Mr. Lane an apologetic glance, as she realized she had left him on the side of the conversation. 

"Thank you, Mr. Lane."

Though she was looking forward to seeing the baby.  She had not been around many as a child, though a few of the maids at the school had families.   She had enjoyed being around children when she had though.  She was smiling as Betsy linked up the three of them and let herself be led along.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her

She went with the other two to see the baby, loving the excuse to see him. Ruth did tend to miss him while she worked but she knew that he was in safe hands with Eleanor, who seemed to enjoy having the bairn around as much as Ruth did. "He's the sweetest little fellow, ye know? I don't say it is a biased mother, though I am biased."

When they reached the kitchen, she moved to the basket where he was and smiled with pride at the little boy who had actually just woken up and was looking all sleepy and cute. "Oh, me boy," she cooed softly and gently and ever so lovingly scooped him into her arms.

He was a big child and looked to be only a few weeks old despite his size. "This is Jacob," she said softly as she presented the boy.

312 Posts
2 Threads

While she wasn't going to say it, Betsy was thrilled that the two new hires were around her age. At nineteen she was a bit on the younger side in the last place she and her mother had worked. So having two young women to chat with were a boon in her eyes.

"He is very sweet."

Betsy concurs in response to Ruth talking about the lad and they get to the bed where the babe is proudly presented. Betsy smiling broadly and cooing over him without any reservation.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela's eyes did that thing that many women's expressions do when they see an adorable baby.  She was in love already.  "Oh, such a darling sweet fellow."  Her response was soft and it could be obvious that he found young Jacob adoring.

"How old did you say he was?"  He looked very healthy to her and as they had said, so sweet and cute.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"He's only a few weeks old... almost a month." She said this softly. "He is a big child, I know." She adjusted the boy, who gave a baby grunt and stared with fascinated eyes at Vela. He gave a great yawn and seemed to smack his lips before closing his dark blue eyes.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Right? He is going to grow up ta be a strapping young lad I can already tell. My ma says he is nearly five pounds heavier than I was at that age, can ya believe that?"

Betsy says, her voice as soft as she can manage though the excitable girl wasn't the best at keeping things calm and collected.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela couldn't stop smiling when looking at the infant.  "I may not be able to look away."  She chuckled looking at the other ladies there.  "Just precious."  She knew she needed to get on back home to work on her menu for the week and packing her things to move in over here, but she was enjoying this time here with the ladies and the baby. 

"I should go.  The faster I get things back home ready to move over here in the morning the sooner I will get started here with you all."  Sha finally commented.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She nodded and put the baby back into the basket, though not without giving him a kiss on his downy brow. "It was lovely ta meet ye," she said to Vela. She was honest, even if there had been the initial green-eyed monster lurking for a fleeting time.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Betsy nods. "Well iffin that's the case I will see you out Miss Rosewine... is it alright if I call you Vela?" She inquires as Jacob is laid back into his crib.

Once everyone was ready she'd take Vela out front where Angus would be more than happy to return her home and then arrange for pick up when she thought she'd be ready to return.