Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Food For Thought [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

It didn't take them long to find Betsy who looks up as they enter and smiles. "Well hello, Mister Lane, whose this?" She asks, it was immediately apparent that she was Eleanor's daughter. Betsy looked like a younger version less the pounds one acquired from giving birth more than a few times. She had a bright smile that shone all the brighter under her long blonde hair and she offers a hand. "I'm Betsy one of the maids, you must be the new chef?" Then she turns and calls out. "Oi, Ruth, come meet the new chef!"

117 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: her/she
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=366
Height: 5'5"

Vela took Betsy's hand and smiled.  "Nice to meet you, Betsy.  Yes, I am the chef."  She looked around as the other maid's name was called.

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her

Ruth appeared within moments. She was looking a bit worn out but gave a slight smile to the woman. My, but the chef was beautiful, more so than she, she thought with a little stab of needless envy. "I'm Ruth," she said despite the stab and managed t smile a little bigger.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Betsy, oblivious to Ruth's pang of jealousy shakes Vela's hand and then lets Ruth shake before she says. "Oh, Ruth has just the cutest little baby. He's taking a nap right now I think but ye should see him when you have the chance." The other maid gushes enthusiastically. "And he's so well behaved too. I can scarce believe it."

117 Posts
3 Threads

"Hello, Ruth."  She smiled with a shake of hands.  "Oh, a baby.  How wonderful.  I look forward to meeting him too.  And here I thought I was busy, you must have quite a lot on your hands right now.  "How do you keep it all together?  Work and a baby?"  She was amazed.  

She hoped to have a family of her own eventually, but with the business that she was starting and now working here, she didn't see it in the near future.  "If I can help at all now that I will be staying here as well, please let me know."  She offered with a sincere expression and tone.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Eleanor helps a lot, she is a Godsend," she said. "I don't know what I would do without her, ta be honest." It was true, the woman had done more for her in the last several weeks than her own husband had done in the entirety of their short marriage. She did shake the woman's hand, pushing the little bit of envy away because she wasn't the sort to let that bother her. "It helps that me son is so well behaved already. He's me angel boy."

When the woman offered to help, she blinked in surprise and said, "Ye're very kind."

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela gave a friendly look.  "I went to an all-male chef school, and I have found that when there is a woman working in the same building, they should be allies to survive."  She had made friends with the help that the school had hired, and they had been great to have around when the males became too mean and sabotaged her from time to time. 

"And if you wouldn't mind, I might try some baby-safe recipes?  I have wondered if such a cookbook would be interesting to women."  She explained.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, let's go see him!"

Betsy says eagerly.

"I'm sure he'd love it, the sweet little boy seems to just love meeting new people!"

At least Betsy assumed so since he was such a well-behaved lad.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Once he is old enough ta try that, I am sure twill be wonderful," she said honestly, "He's only a few weeks old now. He has a lusty appetite, so ye won't be troublin' him much ta feed him, I don't think." Ruth gave a chuckle, and then there was talk of going to see him. "Well, alright, but we have ta be quiet so we don't wake him if he still sleeps though. He doesn't tend ta start fussin' until near nursin' time."

117 Posts
3 Threads

"Oh, I would enjoy seeing him, even asleep.  I promise I will keep very quiet."  She assured the young mother.  "That he is that young will give me time to come up with ideas while he gets old enough to try solid foods."  She nodded.