Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Attempted Ambush [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

Douglas stayed back a few steps not wishing to crowd the two women.   Nesah checking on the other woman made him feel it was in good hands.  He was close enough to hear them talking easily.  At the question the young woman asked, he gave a frown.

"I fear that is my fault.  I should 'ave arranged for a private room for my visit wi' Mr. Thomas.  I was 'oping I 'ad nae been recognized yet."  He glanced around with dislike.  He was not there to socialize, he had been there to learn more about the area.

"I would like tae know the lass's family name that did this tae yu.  I 'ave been invited tae a few events.  I only plan to pick one or two, but those that she is part of I will avoid."  He frowned.  He planned to make sure he would avoid any social event that the family was involved in.  An obvious snub like that could ruin a young lady's social life.  He figured if the parents let their child act like that then they too deserved the snub.

142 Posts
6 Threads

Height: 5'4

Nesah looked up at Douglas. "And here I was thinking they were here for a cattle auction..." she said, but she walked away for now to return the book. Ugh. He really was famous. She couldn't stand famous people.

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

Her eyes widened a little, then heat crept into her cheeks. "Oh, no. Please don't make a fuss on my behalf. It seems you have plenty on your plate now, sir..." And then she followed the other woman with her gaze, her hand moving to the redness at her throat. "I... thank you." She then looked over to the cluster of young women who seemed to be drooling over the noble. Really, she thought, they could be compared to a bunch of panting Pomeranian puppies, vying to be picked from the litter. Fluff, really... What she should be but could no longer afford to be.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Watching Nesah put the book away, Douglas chuckled with a thought of the comparison of him to cattle.  "Might as well be." 

They wanted him as a possible husband for the title and his known ability.  Not that most of them would know a good skill with the paintbrush or chisel or clay if it was right in front of them, he a small look of dislike to the crowd.

He gave the other young lady a brief wave of his hand.  "Not a fuss at all.  I would avoid going to any of them, and will avoid most of them anyway.  Choosing one or two or at most three of the invites is my normal.  I work to pick those that might have someone there that I can enjoy the conversation or a friendly debate with an intelligence speaker."  He explained.  "I am here to paint and draw, not have a parade of potential mother-in-laws or potential brides.  You have helped me narrow down the list."  He gave her a smile and a wink.   Though he did look to her neck concerned about the damage to her by the action of the rude one that had acted in such a way.

142 Posts
6 Threads

Nesah put the book back but stayed where she was for a moment, watching the young girl and the painter. Ugh. She'd probably be impressed by him, and he would notice that she was pretty and be a gentleman and assist he now that she was injured, and ultimately, it would no doubt result in him putting his cock in her. Or perhaps just leave her with a broken heart, if she was a 'virtuous woman'. Either way, she really disliked Dougal in that moment, tossing himself at the prettiest girl in the room. She could only she Douglas' back, but got a good view of the injured girl. Poor thing. What a waste. She rolled her eyes.

327 Posts
9 Threads

She blinked at his words about not looking for wives nor mothers-in-law, she then glanced at the crowd in a baffled way. Had it been possible the girl she accidentally angered had been jealous upon looking at her because of this man? Why else would she have been so mean? Over a man. A handsome one, but a man, nevertheless. She ducked her head when she noticed he was looking at her neck, glanced about, and saw how some of the other young misses were glaring and shaking their heads. "Yes, well..." she said and looked back to the man, "I... Please, don't make a fuss over me. I am fine."

She gave an awkward smile that one gives that is almost, grimace-like, and she turned to start walking away. But then she stopped, straightened up, and turned to look at the nobleman, "I do thank you though. I am sure that you can see for yourself which young misses you decide to honor or otherwise." She turned again and started off toward a nearby bookcase where she lovingly touched the spines of leather-bound tomes.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas glanced at the ladies watching the conversation he was having.  The quick smiles or pretending (badly) to be suddenly interested in a book or something nearby.  He shook his head giving a grimace look himself.  At the girl's comment about not fussing about her, he shrugged. 

"As long as yu are okay.  I would nae 'ave anyone 'urt by bad mannered welps."  He explained. 

If it was of the young people back in his property back home he would have dealt with it appropriately with an equally embarrassing manner to make the lesson to be remembered.

He glanced over to Nesah and nodded.  "I'm glad yu were close tae 'elp the lass."  He spoke quietly to the other woman.

When Phillipa spoke again, he shrugged again.  "Aye, I will make my own decisions on that.  But having evidence of the kinds of people to avoid makes it easier to toss some invites out of the mix."  He gave a light smile.  "As yu seem okay  then, I will get the attention out of this area and let you ladies get back to more normal activities."  He gave a gracious brief bent at his waist for Phillippa and Nesah before heading to the door but made a stop by the library main desk to speak quietly.  He made it as if he were asking about the other ladies that had made such a bad scene in a whisper with the librarian.  He got their family names and thanked the man there.  He planned to not make a step in their homes.

142 Posts
6 Threads

Nesah gave Douglas the politest smile she could fake when he addressed her. She still did not know if she liked the artist. He was interesting enough to amuse her and keep her from complete boredom when she spoke with him. But she really disliked him here.

And then something entirely unexpected happened. He did not make a move on the poor injured thing, but seemed to be leaving. She was delighted. Instantly, she moved away from where she had been standing to watch the spectacle, circled the room a moment like a bird of prey, and then descended upon the girl like a vulture descends on easy prey left injured by another predator.

"Are you sure your neck is alright, dear?" she said with a kindness that people who knew her would not have thought possible, when she appeared beside Philippa. "I insist you let me take you to the doctor. I'll pay for it. I would like you to know not all ladies are wild beasts." She looked down at the injury.

Such a pretty neck.

327 Posts
9 Threads

She wasn't alright, but it wasn't her neck that bothered her. She watched as the nobleman crossed the library and felt bad, wanting to follow after him. She didn't, and then the woman who had put the book away was back by her and asking questions. "Oh, it doesn't even hurt," she said absently, her eyes still watching the man. "Please don't worry about it. I've been through worse." Then she finally turned her gaze toward Nesah and she blinked, "A doctor isn't necessary. I appreciate your concern though." She lifted a hand to her neck, felt the raised skin and winced a little, not at it hurting but at the fact that the welt was even there.

"I should have been more careful than to step on someone's gown."

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas pulled a bit of paper from his pocket and a pencil.  He always had something with him to draw at any given moment, even if it were a small bit of paper.  He put his name and the direction to get in touch with him if needed.  He put the pencil back in his pocket and folded the paper.  He wasn't sure how to get the note to the ladies without drawing more attention to them from the rude ladies.  Glancing around him at the various ones still keeping up on where he was and what he was doing, he realized it was impossible to get the note quietly.

Well, so be it.  He went back over to the two and gave a brief nod.  "Here is my direction, if ever either of you have any artistic work done.  I would be happy to sketch or paint you."   He offered handing the note to Nesah, as she he knew better than the other lady.  He gave her a bit deeper look and indicated his neck to let her know he was worried about the other lady's injury.  "I would like to keep in touch."  He glanced at them both with a polite smile and then headed out to the front door of the library.

Note:
Douglas Gordon
The Earl of Morton
(and the address for the hotel he has his mail sent... he has a cottage but doesn't want a bunch of ladies show up)